Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Been some cracking games this weekend

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 920 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

With some of the so called smaller or weaker teams really fronting up, long may it continue.

#2 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

Why don't you sod off?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#3 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,624 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

Why don't you sod off?

Agreed, Hull FC were one of the few weaker sides not to have fronted up, must be galling. ;)

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,982 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

Today is a day when I wished all games were available to watch somewhere.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

How many casual/non RL fans are NOT following the season due to the less than encouraging season previews by our esteemed RL journos?

The one that went 'same old big four winning every game'.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#6 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Agreed, Hull FC were one of the few weaker sides not to have fronted up, must be galling. ;)

Posted Image

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#7 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Posted Image

Miss Hull 2013.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#8 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Miss Hull 2013.

Nah, after witnessing yesterday's debacle, I'm not sure I'd miss them at all.

#9 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

Nah, after witnessing yesterday's debacle, I'm not sure I'd miss them at all.

Bdum tschhh.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#10 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

Yep, cracking weekend's action and last weekend was a belter too.

#11 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

PMSL

#12 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

There have been some great games every week. It so happened that every result seemed to go in Wigan's favour, which didn't do Amy harm. That said, it seems to me that pretty much every crowd this year is down on last year, often by a lot. Which is a shame and a worry.

#13 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 693 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

Though personally disappointed that my team was on the wrong end of one of the shock results, surely it must be a plus for the game that teams at the bottom end of the table show they can beat/compete with some of the top placed teams. Feel also that this season's results are showing some positive benefits of licensing- Widnes looked all at sea during the first half of last season before starting to understand what was required to be in Superleague. However they also had the luxury of knowing that last season did not need to be all or nothing, their second season they have strengthened their team and now look competitive and worthy of their place at the top table.
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#14 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

I didn't see loses for the Giants, the Wolves and the Reds happening this past weekend. All good for Super League, and it keeps the so called bigger teams on their toe's.

Edited by The Future is League, 04 March 2013 - 12:20 AM.

#15 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,824 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

That's the problem with Rugby League - it's too predictable (© all sports journalists). :rolleyes:

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#16 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

widnes have a 50% win ratio so far this season, a massive improvement on last term........
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#17 Doghead

Doghead
  • Coach
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Just watched the highlights of the Wigan game on Sky, the Wigan fullbacks attempts at tackling are hilarious.

Edited by Doghead, 04 March 2013 - 05:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users