Swinton 18 Dewsbury 23 - discuss the game here

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

Some fair reflection for you Dewsbury fans. I really think it could've gone either way. You just edged it with some committed forward running especially down the left and that nippy little half back
Always a nice set of fans and a good atmosphere

#22 MirfieldRams

MirfieldRams
  • Coach
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

Heard Hepworth broke his hand yesterday so will be out for a few weeks. Will miss him, he was playing well
Up The Rams

Mirfield Rams

#23 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

Lets not be too over critical, Swinton played some good football.Apart from Fev best team weve played so far.

#24 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

Can't really say we played a Swinton team when they had nine Warrington based players in the line up and probably the best one got flattened trying to tackle Macca

#25 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Heard Hepworth broke his hand yesterday so will be out for a few weeks. Will miss him, he was playing well

which will now give russ spiers, dario esposito or josh tonks a chance to stake a claim. Good strength in depth although hepworth as been a stand out sofar.

#26 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

Hale hasn't impressed me so far, especially if what I hear about his cost is correct.

BSJ what have you heard about his cost? Hope it was correct at £2k per week and a fully expensed car.

Maybe it is from the same supporter who told me that the terracing will never be built and that the existing
path would have to be taken up because his mate had told him it had been 'built on a drain'.

Where do these people get their information from?

On a more sensible note, the whole guaranteed playing payroll can't be much more than £2k per week.
the

#27 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,293 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

BSJ what have you heard about his cost? Hope it was correct at £2k per week and a fully expensed car.

Maybe it is from the same supporter who told me that the terracing will never be built and that the existing
path would have to be taken up because his mate had told him it had been 'built on a drain'.

Where do these people get their information from?

On a more sensible note, the whole guaranteed playing payroll can't be much more than £2k per week.
the

If that's what you meant to type WR then yes, that's about what I heard. Expensive for an unproven centre in my book.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#28 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

the whole squad has cost less than last year to put together. the highest paid player of ours is on far less than what you would imagine , except for austin of course who gets plenty .

#29 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

If that's what you meant to type WR then yes, that's about what I heard. Expensive for an unproven centre in my book.

The new pathway has been built on a drain.Or there should have a drain.

Dont know about the other stuffbut it has been built on a drain.

#30 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

BSJ - I thought that you were a master of irony and sarcasm. £2k per week was meant to challenge all the people
who are 'in the know' on this forum by getting them to multiply this by 52 and working out that £104k is more than
the whole squad costs for a year. Mark Sawyer has also stated in the press and at the Fans Forum that our maximum
guaranteed payment per annum per player is fixed at only four times this amount. The fully expensed car was meant to
imply that he gets a lift with the other players who travel from the West Lancashire area!

Equaliser - Who is your source of information on the building issues? I presume that you are aware that all the drainage
issues were sorted long before the path was built and the planning permission was granted for the rest of the project. With
the strict requirements of Building Control, there would be no chance of being granted a certificate to allow a maximum 1800 spectators
to stand on the terracing and use the path if there were any remaining issues.

#31 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

BSJ - I thought that you were a master of irony and sarcasm. £2k per week was meant to challenge all the people
who are 'in the know' on this forum by getting them to multiply this by 52 and working out that £104k is more than
the whole squad costs for a year. Mark Sawyer has also stated in the press and at the Fans Forum that our maximum
guaranteed payment per annum per player is fixed at only four times this amount. The fully expensed car was meant to
imply that he gets a lift with the other players who travel from the West Lancashire area!

Equaliser - Who is your source of information on the building issues? I presume that you are aware that all the drainage
issues were sorted long before the path was built and the planning permission was granted for the rest of the project. With
the strict requirements of Building Control, there would be no chance of being granted a certificate to allow a maximum 1800 spectators
to stand on the terracing and use the path if there were any remaining issues.

The path should have been built little bit further back.You will see next time it throws it down a large puddle will collect on the field behind that end.Dont have to name a sorce thats how it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users