League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone V Keighley.Thurs 7th March.7.30 K.O.

Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. Voted Featherstone To Win (30 votes [85.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. Keighley To Win (3 votes [8.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

3. Draw (2 votes [5.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

The facts were a rugby player tweeted that he had been racially abused.

My tweet said: 'IF TRUE I hope its reported'.

If there was racism at the World Cup Final or at Leeds Akkies reserves I would hope it would be reported.

The lad has since retracted his comment and I have tweeted saying how glad I was that it was nothing untoward.

That is the end of it. If I really thought Fev was a horrible racist club would I sponsor matchballs and nines tournaments and such like?

Come on now...

Give it up GAV. You knew that it could not be substantiated when you tweeted it, and it reminds me of the old joke on have I got news for you " allegedly" Is really no cop out! It was irresponsible to re tweet it without at least waiting to see both sides of the storey! I would suggest giving things time before you act next time......... Its hardly real journalism copying tweets anyway!

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#62 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

Don't be so precious. If a rugby player tweets something newsworthy I will comment on it, regardless of club. Its my job.

Before commenting/retweeting did it ever cross your mind to consider:

Why he made the accusation in a tweet and not report it to officials either during or after the game?
Why the touch judge(s) didn't hear anything when they are generally closer to the crowd?
Why there was no reaction from any player to these alleged 'racist remarks' during the game?

No of course not, simple regurgitation and sensationalism. My 6 yo nephew could copy and paste and be a 'journalist' just like you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users