Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Super League Big Hitters Back Copenhagen RLFC

RLEF media release

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

The launch of the first club side in Denmark, Copenhagen RLFC, this weekend has been backed by some of Super League’s star names.

Bradford Bulls co-skipper Heath L’Estrange wished the newcomers luck on their debut campaign. “That’s awesome, I really hope it is a big success”, he told Copenhagen RLFC joint founder Stephen Borregaard-Clarke.

His coach, Francis Cummins, echoed the sentiment. “May I on behalf of Bradford Bulls wish Copenhagen RLFC every success for their future. It is tremendous that we now have a club in Denmark,” he added.

St Helens have also offered their support through Paul Wellens. “It’s always good when I hear about our great sport burgeoning in another country. I’d like to wish you guys all the best – rip in, and have fun,” was the message he sent.

Copenhagen RLFC are the first rugby league club in Denmark and will play against Swedish clubs in the Pan Scandinavian Rugby League and in challenge matches against the Jutland rugby league team. Sponsored by the Black Swan Beer Bar in the city, they will play in a four team league in 2013 which will pit them against rivals from Sweden.

Fixtures

March 23rd - Goteborg 9s tournament
March 30th - Skåne V Copenhagen
April 6th - Goteborg V Skåne
April 13th - Copenhagen V Skåne
April 20th - Copenhagen V Goteborg
April 27th - Skåne V Goteborg
May 4th - Goteborg V Copenhagen
www.crlfc.com

PHIL CAPLAN
RLEF MEDIA OFFICER

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,541 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

Thanks, Honor!

And thanks to Paul Wellens, Heath L’Estrange and Francis Cummins!

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#3 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,541 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

Posted Image

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#4 Swesaint

Swesaint
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

Great news and great to see the support given!

Just noted that the Facebook page of the new league has the fixtures in a different order than Copenhagen's home page. Which one is correct?

http://www.facebook....486471078085525

#5 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,541 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Good question, I shall chase that up!

#6 brooza

brooza
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Eugene seems happy!
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board