RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Knights v Workington

Mothers Day

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#21 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

One of the best memories of recent games v Town was when we beat them 70 - 10 and Rhodes waving to the Town halfback as he went under the sticks and another was April 1971 we beat them 32- 0 a few hours before I had got wed and I took my new bride to the game, best day of my life, 32 nil.

Yeh that was a nightmare game for us Town fans, we would rather remember the season after when we spoiled your big promotion party. :D

#22 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 603 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

That bollocking was on the tellybox if I remember rightly - same programme feat Lloydy's inspirational speech when he played for the Dragons season after he left York.

#23 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,453 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

One of the best memories of recent games v Town was when we beat them 70 - 10 and Rhodes waving to the Town halfback as he went under the sticks and another was April 1971 we beat them 32- 0 a few hours before I had got wed and I took my new bride to the game, best day of my life, 32 nil.

Ah but you had 14 men with Ronnie laughton on your side SK. ;) ;)

Just watch having said that we'll probably get him again on Sunday.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#24 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

Ah but you had 14 men with Ronnie laughton on your side SK. ;) ;)

Just watch having said that we'll probably get him again on Sunday.

I wouldn't complain if so, he was superb against Halifax!
Posted Image

#25 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

Several years ago this forum and Town's forum was often filled with a lot of friendly banter, even when York stuffed us 70 - 10 in a play-off game it was still good natured and that's how it should be. I think the soccer fan influence has to some extent spoiled that and we now get far too much nastiness in many posts. How is my old sparring partner JohnB doing these days?

Keith

Remember that banter very well, commented about it on your forum last night, looking forward to playing you guys again, will be close game I think, sounds like you have a big pack as usual.

All the best apart from Sunday

Andy
Posted Image

#26 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

Yeh that was a nightmare game for us Town fans, we would rather remember the season after when we spoiled your big promotion party. :D

I also remember that you had JT tearing us up the middle with Jonny Limmer at hooker,,Tane Manihera at 7 and that bl@@dy pain in the ar@@ NZ fullback who's name escapes me, oh and Workys best chavs stood behind us throwing insults all afternoon, cracking afternoons drive to Worky....................NOT.

Hope it's a different game on Sunday
Posted Image

#27 Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

Lusi Sione, bloody class act.

Hawkeye
Posted Image

#28 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:16 AM

Was that the player who could not play on a Saturday because of his religion?.

#29 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,172 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

Press today - confimed Jason Golden dislocated his shoulder, depends on how much
damage he has done, but could be out for the season, can only pass on best wishes to Jason.
Really hope we can keep Danny Nicklas this week, looked very good on Friday night.

#30 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

I also remember that you had JT tearing us up the middle with Jonny Limmer at hooker,,Tane Manihera at 7 and that bl@@dy pain in the ar@@ NZ fullback who's name escapes me, oh and Workys best chavs stood behind us throwing insults all afternoon, cracking afternoons drive to Worky....................NOT.

Hope it's a different game on Sunday

It was at York !!!! Last game of the season.

#31 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

It was at York !!!! Last game of the season.

He knows that, Town brought a bus load of fans and they stood behind us singing stupid songs and insults, after the game we were presented with the trophy.

#32 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

He knows that, Town brought a bus load of fans and they stood behind us singing stupid songs and insults, after the game we were presented with the trophy.

Probably have a couple of bus loads to contend with at the weekend. They certainly will be singing silly songs, but I would hope they wouldn't insult anybody, they are a nice pleasant bunch of lads and lasses as I hope you will see on Sunday. :)

#33 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

Probably have a couple of bus loads to contend with at the weekend. They certainly will be singing silly songs, but I would hope they wouldn't insult anybody, they are a nice pleasant bunch of lads and lasses as I hope you will see on Sunday. :)

Looking forward to seeing you all, hope you dont have much to sing about. :rolleyes:

#34 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,453 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

Looking forward to seeing you all, hope you dont have much to sing about. :rolleyes:

We'll be trying to make it so that you don't get too excited SK. Ha ha.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#35 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

Gave one of the most inept performances I've ever seen that day we beat them 70-10 though.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights & Hunslet Hawks RLFC.

Official Player Sponsor of Danny Nicklas Ben Johnston for the 2013 season
alldesignandprint.co.uk

Linkedin

Twitter

#36 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,453 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

Gave one of the most inept performances I've ever seen that day we beat them 70-10 though.

As I recall Sione made a break from a quick 20 metre tap and was clear when Laughton pulled him up and brought him back because he had taken the tap from the wrong place!!!!

#37 PeteM

PeteM
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

Just dug 70-10 match report out of Press files. There was a great pic of Rhodes scoring a try that day - it's hard to tell whether he's doing the royal wave or blowing a kiss to Manihera (unfortunately it's not on this link though)
http://www.yorkpress...ington_Town_10/

#38 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

The referee for our home game with @WorkingtonTown this Sunday will be Mr G Hewer. #13Knights #RugbyLeague

Posted Image

#39 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

Just dug 70-10 match report out of Press files. There was a great pic of Rhodes scoring a try that day - it's hard to tell whether he's doing the royal wave or blowing a kiss to Manihera (unfortunately it's not on this link though)

Attendance: 2,017.
If only we could get that nowadays!

It's time to park the camels.

#40 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Thanks for that Pete.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users