League Express Digital-Only Easter Edition Out Now!

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Knights v Workington

Mothers Day

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#81 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

48-6 ft

#82 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,464 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Sorry we didn't give you a game today. It seems that our policy is to play like heroes at home and scrape what we can away from home.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#83 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

Gutted!!. Credit to York they wanted it more its going to be a long trip home, loved the banter with the fans hope a few make the journey up to DP.
bluewhitearmy

#84 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

good crack with a few of your fans in the bar DURING THE GAME your same as us get what yous can at home and on the road anything is a bonus safe journey home

#85 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Classy Knights down Town! #13Knights #RugbyLeague

:D

Edited by Gav Wilson, 10 March 2013 - 07:18 PM.

Posted Image

#86 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

ive got to say your fans have been very dignified in victory. i know a lot of teams fans (even some of our own) would be gloating about now. now if you could return the favour and gift us 3 points in the return game well call it evens.

Edited by wonky, 10 March 2013 - 07:34 PM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#87 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

We dont gloat - last Friday night coming home from Sheffield was something similar to your experience today !!

#88 fozzie

fozzie
  • Coach
  • 258 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

Ditto whats been said excellent 1-17 today.Matty Nicholson what a joy to watch just whats been missing over the years. As I've said brilliant to watch today credit to both sets of fans great banter.Man of the match today for me Jack Lee/Tom Carr
WERE BLUE, WERE WHITE, WE ARE THE CITY KNIGHTS, WE ARE YORK, WE ARE YORK

#89 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

Jack Lee for me, closely followed by Tom Carr, Jack Aldous and Danny Nick.
Spoke to Matty afterwards and asked how the injury was and he said it was really painful out there but Thorny needed him so he put a shirt on. Top man !!
Also said that he couldnt believe Thackers stayed on the field after his first tirade at the ref !!
I actually thought that we might get beaten today - I'll get me coat !! :rolleyes:

#90 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

well played today, i hope we can repay the favour when you visit Derwent Park.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#91 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

The number 10 for use was brilliant same with 7 and 1 I thought we would turn use over today, how i was wrong absolutely battered for the full 80
bluewhitearmy

#92 Clarence St

Clarence St
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Jack Lee for me, closely followed by Tom Carr, Jack Aldous and Danny Nick.
Spoke to Matty afterwards and asked how the injury was and he said it was really painful out there but Thorny needed him so he put a shirt on. Top man !!
Also said that he couldnt believe Thackers stayed on the field after his first tirade at the ref !!
I actually thought that we might get beaten today - I'll get me coat !! :rolleyes:

Not on your own there Andy. I thought we'd be too light in the pack but Potter has added some size and having Nicholson and Sully back in along with Hadley and Bell we were fine in that department. 17 M.O.M. for me!

#93 ashbourneknight

ashbourneknight
  • Coach
  • 383 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

Having witnessed the Batley debacle and fiasco,and missing the fax and eagles games it was a pleasure to be there at HS and witness a performance by all the players to get the 3 points,special mention also to the superb pairing of James Haynes and George Elliott the lads did good on the right hand side of play in defence and attack, all in all great allround performance, job well done.

#94 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

Having witnessed the Batley debacle and fiasco,and missing the fax and eagles games it was a pleasure to be there at HS and witness a performance by all the players to get the 3 points,special mention also to the superb pairing of James Haynes and George Elliott the lads did good on the right hand side of play in defence and attack, all in all great allround performance, job well done.

Left side wasnt half bad either - they terrorised Calderwood in the first half - he'll still be having nightmares about Briscoe and Latus next week.

#95 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

I didn't realise Calderwood was a pensioner now , seen more hair on a bare ###### lol
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#96 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

The number 10 for use was brilliant same with 7 and 1 I thought we would turn use over today, how i was wrong absolutely battered for the full 80

You dont see many props do twenty minute stints of Jack Aldous's ( 10 ) quality, never mind the 65 minute spells that he does. One of the most underrated players outside of SL ('cept amongst Knights fans! )

#97 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

The lads a machine Andy , did he actually have a rest today , seemed to be on all 80
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#98 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

I didn't realise Calderwood was a pensioner now , seen more hair on a bare ###### lol

Had to laugh when he tripped over his Zimmer frame. :rolleyes:

#99 Andy Knight

Andy Knight
  • Coach
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

Jack Aldous is playing out of his skin, a bit more size and he would be a SL player no doubt.

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"
Millican Dalton...1867-1947

#100 PeteM

PeteM
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

Jack Aldous is playing out of his skin, a bit more size and he would be a SL player no doubt.

"The non-stop prop who is surely fitted with Duracell batteries" - Aldous as described in match report in Press tmrw.
Went for Nicholson for MOTM myself. Tough one to pick but he brought a lot in the minutes he played, and to do it with such a bad shoulder (more on that in Press too) meant he got the nod from me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users