Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Knights v Workington

Mothers Day

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#101 ashbourneknight

ashbourneknight
  • Coach
  • 383 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

Left side wasnt half bad either - they terrorised Calderwood in the first half - he'll still be having nightmares about Briscoe and Latus next week.

Would not dispute your observations A A both flanks did good,but given match play todate JH & GE went well.

#102 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

Outstanding performance, MOM could have been anybody, my top 4 were Nicholson,
Hadley, Lee & Nicklas. Really good to see that no matter how many changes we have
every week due to injury, the lads stick together and put their bodies on the line, a lot
of credit for that goes to GT & Rammo in my opinion.

Always a downside to an excellent performance, Matt Nicholson will need a shoulder op
which he will decide when he has it done, but will be out for 3 to 6 months which is a
massive blow as we can all see the impact he has.

Press today says GT is after some loan signings to get us over the current injury situation.

On the positive side, if you take the way those 17 lads played yesterday and hopefully add
Fordy, Brown, Scott & Brining to the mix for the Cougars game, well there shouldn't be any
complacency in training this week

#103 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

Over-heard on the way out "It's a shame we didn't get 50"
Who'd be a York fan eh? :)

#104 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

Very impressed by the number of Worky fans there yesterday, and the fact they come
into our bar & spend their hard earned cash which helps our club.

Maybe none of my business really, but think fans should stick together & help/support each
others clubs by spending money in the club bars rather than drinking down the road because
its 10p a pint cheaper which is what seems to happen on a regular basis when we go away.

#105 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

Over-heard on the way out "It's a shame we didn't get 50"
Who'd be a York fan eh? :)

Never heard that one on the way out but maybe it was somebody who would just love to hear a certain tune from an old American series.

What was far worse for those of us in a section of the main stand was when we reached 48 pts Mrs H. started singing/humming the bloody theme in anticipation!!! :o Da da da da da da

#106 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 645 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

Very impressed by the number of Worky fans there yesterday, and the fact they come
into our bar & spend their hard earned cash which helps our club.

Maybe none of my business really, but think fans should stick together & help/support each
others clubs by spending money in the club bars rather than drinking down the road because
its 10p a pint cheaper which is what seems to happen on a regular basis when we go away.

£6 for 2 Jager bombs....me and a couple of mates done a couple of bottles of that in your bar!! Cant remember the game...(good thing)
And feeling fragile at the moment...

Oohhh i spent a fortune!!

Up the Town.

#107 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

well i think all fans should stay in the bar and watch the game on tv and we would make even more money?

#108 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

I think you also had a few saints supporters there becuase all we heard from one lady all the game WAS GET THEM ONSIDE REF ha ha.

#109 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

I think you also had a few saints supporters there becuase all we heard from one lady all the game WAS GET THEM ONSIDE REF ha ha.

you leave my wife alone you ABU

#110 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

to be fair no town fan can ever call another for the 'get em onside' shouts. thats all you ever hear on the popular side, most annoying shout ever.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#111 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

Get em onside
Forward
Go get puddins on

Rugby League truly is the greatest game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users