League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Brett Seymour car accident, Wife issues emotional thanks to fans.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,753 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

http://www1.skysport...after-car-crash

Hope he's ok, as if he hasn't enough problems at the moment.

Edited by Old Frightful, 05 March 2013 - 09:09 PM.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#2 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,435 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

christ......hope he's alright

#3 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Hope he has a speedy recovery.

As an aside, whenever I hear his name on TV I always expect to hear the old jokes about "see more ........"

#4 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,731 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

Lots of speculation on the Hull board due to it being in the early hours. If true, I think the people running the State of Mind campaign may need to get involved. The guy has clearly lost an immense amount of confidence after some appalling games and has had his performances publicly criticised by many, from fans to the chairman. His performances deserve comment, but he also needs support alongside otherwise there'll be no change.
Posted Image

#5 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,759 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

Please do not ever insinuate illegal or immoral activities about anyone unless you can link it to a reputable source such as a newspaper or official news site. People have been permanently banned from this site for less.

And, no, hearing about it from a friend of a friend who you say is in a position to know the "truth" is irrelevant unless you're willing to name them.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#6 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

Now he has been place on leave with immediate effect, surely that means he has been sacked after crashing his car late last night into 2 parked cars and overturned his car,very lucky he didnt hurt himself seriously

#7 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,398 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

Now he has been place on leave with immediate effect, surely that means he has been sacked after crashing his car late last night into 2 parked cars and overturned his car,very lucky he didnt hurt himself seriously

At this stage, all we should be concerned about is his welfare. As Wellsy says, I hope Brett gets all the help and support he needs.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#8 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

Does he live in Hessle
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#9 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,753 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

At this stage, all we should be concerned about is his welfare. As Wellsy says, I hope Brett gets all the help and support he needs.

Spot on.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#10 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,753 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

Does he live in Hessle

I don't think Hullfan needs any encouragement to further his speculation which, as has already been pointed out, could lead the forum into difficult litigious waters.

#11 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

Nt sure wre he lives, I've only wrote what's been put out by hullfc. Oldfrightful don't ###### ya self will ya

#12 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,753 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

I'll try not to. :blink:

#13 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,731 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

http://www.hullfc.co...t-brett-seymour

Glad he's OK. Crashing your car into two parked cars and overturning it is a bit concerning, but again would need more details.

Placed on leave of absence. If the club aren't releasing him, or the player isn't asking to be released, I hope that the club are using this time to help him sort out his personal issues so that (whether or not he plays for us again) he can continue his career.
Posted Image

#14 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

I would imagine placing him on leave immediately is the only decent thing to do. He's just been in a car crash. At the very least he is going to be considerably shaken up. Thankfully he suffered no serious injury but he is bound to be whiplashed and bruised.

#15 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Really feel for the bloke. Every time I have watched him he always puts the effort in, it just seems that everything he touches on the rugby field goes wrong for him.

Spot on comments about the state of mind campaign and getting him to see someone, the last thing anyone wants is another Terry Newton.

#16 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

Really feel for the bloke. Every time I have watched him he always puts the effort in, it just seems that everything he touches on the rugby field goes wrong for him.

Spot on comments about the state of mind campaign and getting him to see someone, the last thing anyone wants is another Terry Newton.

Well said.

I've been an advocate for him and sticking with him. Many Southern hemisphere players take time to settle and start fulfilling their potential.

After the fiasco of trying to sign Chase or any other 5/8th, no wonder he was at a low ebb.

Very poor man management imo.

I hope he gets his mind in a better place and does what usually happens with players that leave Hull - goes elsewhere and proves that he had the ability all along!
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#17 kioli

kioli
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Remember watching his debut. Hope he's okay.

#18 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

Good comments all round, wish him a speedy recovery.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#19 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,731 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

Brett Seymour's wife posted this on his get well page on Facebook a couple of hours ago:

Roseanne Seymour

Thankyou so very much for all your kind words & support. Words can't express how gratful Brett is for your kindness. I just read him your msg's and he is overwhelmed. The past 48hrs have been extremly difficult. I'm suffering from severe shock that my husband was so desperate & could attempt such a horrific thing. He is getting the help he needs & your support has helped greatly. Depression is a silent killer- I want each & every one of you to know that we feel so grateful to you. With all our hearts, Thankyou!! Xx
Posted Image

#20 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,028 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

I hope they guy gets over this very soon, but it can often take a long time. I think Roseanne Seymour's statement says enough for anybody to realise that this is not a subject to be treated lightly.

Just get back out there soon Brett.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users