Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Brett Seymour car accident, Wife issues emotional thanks to fans.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#21 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,663 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

Brett Seymour's wife posted this on his get well page on Facebook a couple of hours ago:

Roseanne Seymour

Thankyou so very much for all your kind words & support. Words can't express how gratful Brett is for your kindness. I just read him your msg's and he is overwhelmed. The past 48hrs have been extremly difficult. I'm suffering from severe shock that my husband was so desperate & could attempt such a horrific thing. He is getting the help he needs & your support has helped greatly. Depression is a silent killer- I want each & every one of you to know that we feel so grateful to you. With all our hearts, Thankyou!! Xx

Cheers Wellsy,

Rosanne Seymour's words shed a devastatingly different light on things. Let's hope the balance between privacy and help for Brett's family is managed well and professionally.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#22 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,873 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

Brett Seymour's wife posted this on his get well page on Facebook a couple of hours ago:

Roseanne Seymour

Thankyou so very much for all your kind words & support. Words can't express how gratful Brett is for your kindness. I just read him your msg's and he is overwhelmed. The past 48hrs have been extremly difficult. I'm suffering from severe shock that my husband was so desperate & could attempt such a horrific thing. He is getting the help he needs & your support has helped greatly. Depression is a silent killer- I want each & every one of you to know that we feel so grateful to you. With all our hearts, Thankyou!! Xx

Completely and utterly gobsmacked - what must have been going through his mind God only knows. Hope he and his family get all the support they needs
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#23 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,982 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

Very humbling, another reminder that the players, officials, coaching staff and backroom staff are normal people like you and me on the inside and suffer the same problems we do.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#24 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

Poor bloke. It's surprisingly easy to find yourself on this path.

I wish him and his family all the very best.

That's me.  I'm done.

#25 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

I hope I speak for the Swinton thread, when I wish him all the best, Dana is still too close to our memory.
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#26 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

Im surprised its still on here, the post needs to disappear.The lad has wife and kids who's life is in turmoil at the minute, they need to be left alone without she said he said posting.

#27 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,588 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

Im surprised its still on here, the post needs to disappear.The lad has wife and kids who's life is in turmoil at the minute, they need to be left alone without she said he said posting.

The post was posted about midnight, two people reported it. You cannot assume that someone else has reported something and you cannot assume that one of the moderators will be around or reading every post on the site.

A general moderator warning to the site at large for this thread: I'm now getting fed up deleting posts about a "friend of a friend" or similar seeing something immoral or illegal. We're past warnings now.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#28 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

The post was posted about midnight, two people reported it. You cannot assume that someone else has reported something and you cannot assume that one of the moderators will be around or reading every post on the site.

A general moderator warning to the site at large for this thread: I'm now getting fed up deleting posts about a "friend of a friend" or similar seeing something immoral or illegal. We're past warnings now.

Wasn't having a pop at any ones moderating abilities ckn and you cannot report posts when using a mobile device so even if I wanted to report a post I couldn't.

#29 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,588 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

Wasn't having a pop at any ones moderating abilities ckn and you cannot report posts when using a mobile device so even if I wanted to report a post I couldn't.

That's perfectly fair enough and I do understand but I've had plenty of complaints over the last few months about dodgy posts being ignored yet had no reports at all on them. There's a good, responsible member base here, I'd greatly appreciate assistance from you lot on hitting the report button over dodgy stuff to help me and John out.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users