Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow Raiders v Dewsbury Rams - discuss the match and travel plans here

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 766 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

Still got a long way to go as a team. I imagine at half time,22-6 up, and having won 4 out of the last 5 our confidence would have been sky high. It's gong to test Glenns ability this week to put that confidence back after shipping 36 unanswered points against a team who hadn't won this season until today.

#42 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

Saving grace coolie? ?? However you look at today it was sheeeite!
And at 22-0 there I was on facebook declaring dews as dark horses for the GF!! So I take full responsibility! :lol:

Robin tut tut ,no no no , thats like me tippin Cas to get to wembley , in effect

#43 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 532 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Thought your No 8 was outstanding today and No20 ran the show in the 1st half.
I though Pryce tried to jump over Campbell but the decided he was a wwf wrestler and jump on him.
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#44 ricochet

ricochet
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

I didn't go up to Barrow today and feel sorry for those of you that did. Rams fans must have been delighted at half time and distraught by full time. No team should concede 30 unanswered points in one half especially after building a healthy 22 point lead before conceding for the first time on the stroke of half time.

What on earth went wrong? the team has been built around good defence and to leak so many points against a side that hadn't won so far this season is unacceptable.So far this season we have been nilled in the second half twice and in general conceded far more than we have scored. The lads need to learn to play for eighty minutes not fourty and will need to do just that at home to Leigh next week or our foray into the playoff spots will be a brief one.
Ricochet!

#45 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

to be fair it wasnt all about Dewsbury going to sleep just that the Raiders finally woke up :)

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#46 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

how many DR players did you have in today lads??? if any....?

Edited by shun, 10 March 2013 - 07:37 PM.

#47 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

sorry dews fans but i agree , your team played well in first half and not to bad in second half even when you went down to 12 men but by that time our barrow team had finaly woke up. weve had five games to watch , scratching our heads and thinking what the uck is wrong with our team and today in the second 40 our players just got their act together. just hope its not a flash ion the pan and we can repeat it in the next. good luck for rest of season and nice to meat some of your fans.

#48 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Dewsbury fans were great to have in the ground, created abit of an atmosphere but seemed to quite down in the second half not to sure why ;)

Yous will definitely be play off contenders based on the first half of today and when I watched yous against Featherstone plus you were on form coming into this game. Would like to hear your views on the sending off also. Good luck for the rest of the season looking forward to a trip to your place one of the few Championship grounds I haven't been too.

#49 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 990 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

After the shock of that 2nd half,time to calm down and remember we do have a new and young team.This might bring us back to Earth and realise i still will be happy if we finish the season in the top 8,and build from there.

#50 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

After the shock of that 2nd half,time to calm down and remember we do have a new and young team.This might bring us back to Earth and realise i still will be happy if we finish the season in the top 8,and build from there.

Fair comment, particularly in light of what many of us were predicting before the season started. maybe we have overachieved so far.

Lat's not get the Batley "we are the greatest" complex just yet.

B)
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#51 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

Fair comment, particularly in light of what many of us were predicting before the season started. maybe we have overachieved so far.

Lat's not get the Batley "we are the greatest" complex just yet.

B)

Er what ????
We can hardly crow after just beating donny in the last min

#52 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

A puzzling result given our recent form, the fact that we were nilled in the second half (again) is a cause for concern.
Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#53 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

I was at the game. I think we got a bit complacent, Barrow had their backsides kicked, the result was 36-22. That's sport! That's why we go, you never know what can happen. I think, in a perverse sort of way, we will benefit from this. The team are young, they need to learn that if you stop working, you'll pay the price.
Still a great start to the season.

#54 red box

red box
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

No doubt Raiders upped their game and got a bit smarter playing the ball out from the ruck a little more. They also found the ground instead of wrestling to stay up.
But the main reason from a Rams point of view was a lack of possession. After the first set set of 2nd half the ball was kicked straight into touch giving Raiders the ball in the Rams half.
Following on from that Rams the ball kcicked out on the full from a restart, an ankle grab leading to a penalty on half way on the fifth tackle and a lot of dropped ball.
Barrow were very good but Dewsbury were their own worst enemies.
Could be a factor that the Rams were a lot bigger than the Barrow team and tired as a result.

#55 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

Oldest mistake in the book.A game lasts 80 minutes and is never won at half time.We switched off and couldnt pick the pace of the game back up.We arnt the first and wont be the last to do it.The coach should have started the second half however with the same set up that started the first half.What he should have done his give them a *0llocking at half time for not having more points on the board.Never mind its onwards and upwards.

#56 Appleman

Appleman
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

Don't know if you'll want to watch beyond the first half, but there are brief highlights here:

http://www.nwemail.c...ferrerPath=home
Ever alert for the call to Craven Park

#57 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 960 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

Oldest mistake in the book.A game lasts 80 minutes and is never won at half time.We switched off and couldnt pick the pace of the game back up.We arnt the first and wont be the last to do it.The coach should have started the second half however with the same set up that started the first half.What he should have done his give them a *0llocking at half time for not having more points on the board.Never mind its onwards and upwards.

Quite true first and last comment, although I doubt the likes of Fev, Fax, Sheffield,Leigh and even the Dogs would totally surrender a 22 - 6 half time score. To be nilled in the second half is too slack.

Hope that's our kick up the bum?

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#58 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

Great to meet some of the Ram Fans up at Barrow and towards the end of the first half they were well in song with " when will you ever sing again" Well what can i say but the mood changed quick and silence from the travelers. Good luck for the rest of the season and look forward to meeting on your home ground.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#59 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Thanks.

Very unimpressive display. It looked like awful Barrow defending in the 1st half followed by even worse from dewsbury in the 2nd. One thing that clearly shines through for me is a complete lack of leadership on the field - after conceding tries the players just trudge up behind the posts and stand around. No-one is gathering them together and laying down the law and they are waiting for the coaching staff to tell them what to do. Echoes of WJ's days in this! Where's the spirit? Barrow had it in shedloads!!

Their hooker was given the freedom of the park in the 2nd half and should have been targetted but no-one seemed to have the nous to spot this.

Pryce's sending off was simple clumsiness - he slipped when trying to skip over a tackled player and just fell on top of hime. It wasn't a sending off offence and shouldn't result in a ban IMO. Other than that though he does look lethargic and slow - I suspect that this is physical rather than mental and we might have signed another duffer, although he is not on his own there.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#60 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

If you look at the teams we have beaten, then they are all in the bottom half of the table. Still think we are looking at a 7th/8th place finish at best. Batley, Fev, Sheffield, Leigh and Halifax will be the top 5 and I will be surprised if we beat any of them. Ignore the table, look at who we have played.