Barrow Raiders v Dewsbury Rams - discuss the match and travel plans here

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

how many DR players did you have in today lads??? if any....?

None were played yesterday
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#62 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

Despite the "Power 4"s attempts to impose sanctions on the DR system, i think Glenn should be commended for his team selections thus far.
I think Dewsbury have used fewer DR players than any other team so far this season.
Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#63 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

Despite the "Power 4"s attempts to impose sanctions on the DR system, i think Glenn should be commended for his team selections thus far.
I think Dewsbury have used fewer DR players than any other team so far this season.

That`s commendable from Dewsbury but is your info correct?
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#64 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

Glad to see that no individuals are getting pilloried for the turn around in the second half.

There's some very sensible discussion on here, almost as if we expected to be brought back down to earth eventually. Now we can go back to Plan A, and concentrate on consolidating a position in the middle of the table rather than dreaming of being the surprise package who come out in the top echelons of the division against all the odds. The Sheffield club, who came up with us a few years ago and have since improved their situation a little every year until they are now a real force in the Division, are a good example to look at.

There is no doubt that there is some raw talent amongst the players that GM has brought to the club and I still reckon we are in for some real excitement on occasions this season. We have to keep hoping that the team has time to mature and meld together properly before the cherry pickers from the better off clubs arrive on the scene.

#65 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

Glad to see that no individuals are getting pilloried for the turn around in the second half.

There's some very sensible discussion on here, almost as if we expected to be brought back down to earth eventually. Now we can go back to Plan A, and concentrate on consolidating a position in the middle of the table rather than dreaming of being the surprise package who come out in the top echelons of the division against all the odds. The Sheffield club, who came up with us a few years ago and have since improved their situation a little every year until they are now a real force in the Division, are a good example to look at.

There is no doubt that there is some raw talent amongst the players that GM has brought to the club and I still reckon we are in for some real excitement on occasions this season. We have to keep hoping that the team has time to mature and meld together properly before the cherry pickers from the better off clubs arrive on the scene.

We have to keep hoping that the team has time to mature and meld together properly before the cherry pickers from the better off clubs arrive on the scene.

If Dewsbury are already trying to tie in the more promising players for next year, I fear that that might have already happened - good job they don't want anything to do with our DR's. ;)

#66 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,399 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

has daryl indicated which players he wants yet?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#67 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

This is the first opportunity I have had to view the thread since my visit to the gane on Sunday. My own view is that we became complacent after striking up a 22-0 lead towards the end of the first period (their try and conversion at the end of the first half was only a token score after, wasn't it!). The 'Barmy Army' shouldn't have shouted "Easy, easy, we want 50." I think that must have riled Darren Holt and he let his players know his feelings.

I felt in the first half that our 'big men' were wrestling with the tacklers, but making no ground - they are off to a standing start anyway and not running on to the ball; their 'big men' were running hard and breaking through extremely weak responses. An effete second forty minutes from Dewsbury.

I don't think anyone expected that turn-around and that was certainly true from the Barrow fans with whom I spoke afterwards. As everyone has commented, the atmosphere from both sets of fans was most enjoyable.

I do hope that proves to be a wake-up call for next Sunday, but the same could be said for Leigh after their home thrashing by Sheffield.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#68 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

Two losses one robbed against the leaders having had a good try chalked off.The other we went in at half time thinking the job was done.Its a learning curve,the lads will take it on board and kick on next week.Need the crowd to get behind them from the start.Theres no reason why we cant land a top 5 position.

#69 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Slightly off topic but, really thought it was nice of the players to applaud the support after the warm up, before heading back to the changing rooms 5 mins before kickoff. It felt good to be appreciated,unfortunatly i think most fans was still in the bar at this point but i dont think iv ever seen a full rams team come up to applaud its fans before going back to the changing rooms before entering the pitch for kickoff. Just a shame about the shocking 2nd half. Both sets of fans was brilliant though.

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 12 March 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#70 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

Two losses one robbed against the leaders having had a good try chalked off.

Can you just explain for me please, what this means?
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#71 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

Can you just explain for me please, what this means?

It means we had a good try disallowed which would have won the game against a team that could go the whole way undefeated.Trouble is and im not refering to yourself,weve too many that cant wait to start up with the negative points.We all know why we lost,like i said before we arnt the first and we wont be the last to think theyve won a game only to come unstuck.

Edited by EQUALIZER, 12 March 2013 - 03:32 PM.

#72 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

has daryl indicated which players he wants yet?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure he makes himself very aware of everybody who makes the headlines in the Championship and Championship 1, as well as taking note fo those who play well against his own side, its part of what he does for a living. It has to be said that most of those he takes to Featherstone seem to achieve their potential there, which only makes the prospect more attractive to the players who end up on his shopping list. He also seems to have the money available to get most of what he wants.

I can't say I'm not a bit jealous, but neither do I begrudge you and the Featherstone fans the success you are currently enjoying. If you could have a word with Daryl however and bring your influence to bear to get him to look somewhere else for a while it would make me very happy.

#73 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

I am sure I read on here or on a press release that Glenn has already tied several players to 2 year contracts thus planning for the future.
Couldn't make it Sunday due to working but from a couple of friends they said it went the same as last week playing down one side again.
I hope the boys learn to play both sides pretty soon or we will get absolutely battered against a better team and play for the full 80.
A young team thats coming along well, a lot better start than I expected only 2 losses not bad at all.

#74 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

I'm sure he makes himself very aware of everybody who makes the headlines in the Championship and Championship 1, as well as taking note fo those who play well against his own side, its part of what he does for a living. It has to be said that most of those he takes to Featherstone seem to achieve their potential there, which only makes the prospect more attractive to the players who end up on his shopping list. He also seems to have the money available to get most of what he wants.

I can't say I'm not a bit jealous, but neither do I begrudge you and the Featherstone fans the success you are currently enjoying. If you could have a word with Daryl however and bring your influence to bear to get him to look somewhere else for a while it would make me very happy.

It has to be said that most of those he takes to Featherstone seem to achieve their potential there

It also has to be said he takes good players out of struggling teams and puts them in a team full of other good players - whicn of course gives the impression they've improved. No doubt after his short spell at fev, Ben Cockayne is now giving the plaudits to DP for the improvement in his skill levels which have lead to his emergence as an England winger. :rolleyes:

#75 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

It means we had a good try disallowed which would have won the game against a team that could go the whole way undefeated.Trouble is and im not refering to yourself,weve too many that cant wait to start up with the negative points.We all know why we lost,like i said before we arnt the first and we wont be the last to think theyve won a game only to come unstuck.

Thanks Equalizer. You mean in the match against Featherstone.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#76 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

Thanks Equalizer. You mean in the match against Featherstone.

Mature moment ha ha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users