viewing games

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Ray who like me has been a life long supporter cannot due to illness get to games any more. Perhaps I might be wrong but did I read a short while ago that we now have the technology to show our home games on a IPad or television if the person concerned was willing to pay? I am just trying to help Ray out. He is 78 and as said is a life long supporter. He also played for the Rovers. He is gutted that he can't get to games and I am looking for some ways to help him. Let me know if there is an avenue and I will pass on his details for contact. Thanks

#2 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

look at the official website, they have today run a news story about the new site due to be launched in May which promises the chance to "watch matches online via the RoversTV pay per view service as well as purchase online match programmes to keep up with the latest news around the club". Very promising news.

#3 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

http://www.featherst...le.php?id=10713

#4 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

look at the official website, they have today run a news story about the new site due to be launched in May which promises the chance to "watch matches online via the RoversTV pay per view service as well as purchase online match programmes to keep up with the latest news around the club". Very promising news.

Thanks mate. Passed the news on to him and he is over the moon. Thanks again.

#5 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

DVDs would be the other seemingly obvious way he could get to watch games, online or in from the club shop.

http://feathers.rlst...atchdaydvds2013

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#6 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

DVDs would be the other seemingly obvious way he could get to watch games, online or in from the club shop.

http://feathers.rlst...atchdaydvds2013

Thanks Gazza. All sent on to him. He's not too good.

#7 1945etseq

1945etseq
  • Players
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

I have known Ray Lancaster for many years but in this instance I will remain anonymous. Like him, for personal reasons, I can no longer get to the games after more that 67 years. Unlike him I can get to the ground for the DVD's. So I avoid knowing the result (not easy but I haven't failed yet this season) and get the DVD on Tuesday morning. The woman in the office now gives it to me shiny side up without being asked. I then have to get it into the player with my eyes shut.
The picture quality is very good and with only one fixed camera position is almost as good as being there. Not knowing the outcome adds greatly to the experience. I was getting quite het up as Whithaven got to within four points, I accept it can never be as good as being there but it is a good second best. I also get to watch all the away games and the Rovers get the same amount from my pension. So it is win win.
I now need to know when a Thurday evening game is available.

#8 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Reminded him about DVD's, Were you part of the Pontefract and Dist Athletic club. Happy days, Jim Cadman, Ray and I along with a few others went to meetings. I was not up to their standard (both around 10.3sec for 100 yards) but did my best. Happy days. Used to run round Darrington and Wentbridge training and then went to Carleton Community Centre weightliftimg, finishing with a few pints. Thanks for additional info..

#9 sharloRover

sharloRover
  • Coach
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

I now need to know when a Thurday evening game is available.

The original should be in the office Friday am, not sure how long the shop guys need to duplicate onto the printed discs

#10 1945etseq

1945etseq
  • Players
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

Thanks. I got mine Saturday morning. I hope Ray is doing what I do and watch it not knowing the score. It makes it much more interesting. A couple of points - my sad old eyes had difficulty in seeing the action with our poor quality floodlights. The video is much clearer. The picture bounced a bit at times. I think Andrew Vause said they were not in their usual position. Were they kicked out by the television cameras?

#11 sharloRover

sharloRover
  • Coach
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

Thanks. I got mine Saturday morning. I hope Ray is doing what I do and watch it not knowing the score. It makes it much more interesting. A couple of points - my sad old eyes had difficulty in seeing the action with our poor quality floodlights. The video is much clearer. The picture bounced a bit at times. I think Andrew Vause said they were not in their usual position. Were they kicked out by the television cameras?

Yeah when Premier are theyre were kicked out of the gantry, we go at the back of the main stand and perched on some seats so not much room behing the tripod. Didnt help with the fog either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users