Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

AMBROSE HOTEL

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 the ambrose hotel

the ambrose hotel
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

HI folks we are the ambrose hotel on duke street ,right next to the raiders rugby ground,please call in for a drink or two before sundays match,we have great prices on all our beers wines and spirits and ales and if you fancy a stop over why not book a room for the night
The Ambrose Hotel is now under new ownership

carling £2.50
veltings £3.00
john smiths£2.40
guinness £3.00
1664 £2.90
XB £2.30
great selection of real ales all at £2.60 a pint

#2 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 864 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

I'm all for promoting a pub but I'm hoping the supporters come to the Raiders Bar instead.
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#3 SJD

SJD
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

Perhaps the Ambrose is intending to kindly offer some of it's extra profits to the rugby, especially having taken advantage of some free advertising on here.

#4 Deep

Deep
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Perhaps the Ambrose would care to purchase an advertising board on ground like other tradesman do, I'm sure Keith could agree a suitable package for them.

#5 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

perhaps raiders fans appreciate a pint of lager which isnt that over fizzy horse pi$$ we get in the ground!

the plastic bottles are a great idea but can we get a selection?

#6 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

perhaps raiders fans appreciate a pint of lager which isnt that over fizzy horse pi$$ we get in the ground!

Careful ....there will be rumours about the burgers and hot dogs having horse in them as well :rolleyes: :lol:

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#7 Dibble

Dibble
  • Coach
  • 711 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

Careful ....there will be rumours about the burgers and hot dogs having horse in them as well :rolleyes: :lol:

I'm more interested in how he knows what horse pi$$ tastes like!! lol :unsure:
Posted Image

#8 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

I'm more interested in how he knows what horse pi$$ tastes like!! lol :unsure:

like carlsberg

#9 the ambrose hotel

the ambrose hotel
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

Perhaps the Ambrose would care to purchase an advertising board on ground like other tradesman do, I'm sure Keith could agree a suitable package for them.

we have placed an advert in the programme

#10 the ambrose hotel

the ambrose hotel
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

Perhaps the Ambrose is intending to kindly offer some of it's extra profits to the rugby, especially having taken advantage of some free advertising on here.

#11 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

Well done nice 1

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#12 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

:D :D :D :D :D

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#13 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:39 AM

Glad to see the Ambrose re-opened and good luck to the new owners. They have, as stated, already put some cash into the club (and did so before they actually opened I think). I played Pool there in various leagues for many years and have happy memories of getting leathered in there on more than one occasion :) :).

How many of you good people realise that the Ambrose Hotel was in fact the birthplace of Barrow RFC when they were formed (as a Rugby Union Club) in September 1875?

Posted Image

#14 SJD

SJD
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

In a previous life I enjoyed an hour or two there myself on the way to a night at the rugby club, but despite that is this advertising not a breach of the Terms & Conditions of the Forum, or has the Ambrose sort prior permission to do so

#15 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

Hardly the most flagrant abuse of the Terms and Conditions, is it?

#16 Red Stripe

Red Stripe
  • Coach
  • 976 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

In a previous life I enjoyed an hour or two there myself on the way to a night at the rugby club, but despite that is this advertising not a breach of the Terms & Conditions of the Forum, or has the Ambrose sort prior permission to do so

Have you reported all the pubs who have posted hospitality for away matches? B)

Mike Liversedge

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

#17 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

As a club we have no issues with it. The Ambrose are sponsoring us via the programme and I am sure if they do well they may perhaps consider doing more for us.
As I said earlier I wish them well.

Posted Image

#18 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

ah the classic tell tale poster. grow up pal

theres a few other pubs do the same, causes no harm, they are contributing to the clubs funds and good luck to them, decent beers in the ambrose.

#19 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Not been in for years so I might pop in for one on Sunday. Don't worry Livo I will still spend as much as usual in your place..lol

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#20 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 864 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Whats wrong with our beer Gus. We try our best with what we've got. Its not to everyones liking but no-ones come upto the bar and complained. If you've had a bad pint you should of told me.
And good luck to The Ambrose. Its good to see a pub opening for a change. You never know, we might be able to work together some time, with us been so close together.
And yes soss, you better.
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users