Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

AMBROSE HOTEL

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 SJD

SJD
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

I'm fascinated by several of your responses, we have a great club sadly at the bottom of the league (hopefully not for long), struggling financially with huge debts and needing to raise even greater sums of money each week, this with falling crowds through the gates.

We have a perfectly good bar, run by hard-working volunteers, their only goal to raise much need funds for the club as ALL of their profits go to support BRLFC yet some of you seem more than happy to allow a direct competitor to come on to this forum advertising it's business, (yes in contravention of the T's&C's) and ultimately taking away some of the clubs revenue, perhaps I'm gulity of caring about what happens to the club.

#22 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 884 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

I totally agree with you SJD, but people are set in their ways. I would love everyone to come to the bar before the game but we get most of them trickling with 15 minutes before kick off. If you can think of anyway to get them in before hand, let us know.
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#23 SJD

SJD
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

I only wish I had a magic wand

#24 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

I totally agree with you SJD, but people are set in their ways. I would love everyone to come to the bar before the game but we get most of them trickling with 15 minutes before kick off. If you can think of anyway to get them in before hand, let us know.

How about topless bar staff, not you obviously! :o
Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#25 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Don,t you think there are enough #### on the field without Topless bar staff
only joking lads i love you really be there Sunday cheering you all on

#26 UnionMan

UnionMan
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

I assume you're talking about the officials Bob 247!! there are usually only 3 of them plus the obligatory water boy!!

#27 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

Ahah yes indeed good idea in first place tho ,

#28 barrowbob

barrowbob
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

I'm fascinated by several of your responses, we have a great club sadly at the bottom of the league (hopefully not for long), struggling financially with huge debts and needing to raise even greater sums of money each week, this with falling crowds through the gates.

We have a perfectly good bar, run by hard-working volunteers, their only goal to raise much need funds for the club as ALL of their profits go to support BRLFC yet some of you seem more than happy to allow a direct competitor to come on to this forum advertising it's business, (yes in contravention of the T's&C's) and ultimately taking away some of the clubs revenue, perhaps I'm gulity of caring about what happens to the club.

I kind of agree with you, rules are rules. But if what you are saying needs sticking to then the thread livo starts each week called "this week at the raiders bar" or something similar, would also need removing as its advertising. Despite the raiders bar being directly linked to the raiders, advertising is advertising mucker.

Be careful what you wish for as there are a few threads with so called advertising on here, some fairly innocent such as the package for the World Cup but its still advertising.
A blanket ban is the only way it will work on a forum like this.
I say let it carry on. I think the raiders bar and the staff do a good job and I think the people who frequent it will continue to do so and not be lured into the ambrose.

#29 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 884 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

I kind of agree with you, rules are rules. But if what you are saying needs sticking to then the thread livo starts each week called "this week at the raiders bar" or something similar, would also need removing as its advertising. Despite the raiders bar being directly linked to the raiders, advertising is advertising mucker.

Be careful what you wish for as there are a few threads with so called advertising on here, some fairly innocent such as the package for the World Cup but its still advertising.
A blanket ban is the only way it will work on a forum like this.
I say let it carry on. I think the raiders bar and the staff do a good job and I think the people who frequent it will continue to do so and not be lured into the ambrose.

The world cup is being run by the club so it makes sense to advertise it the forum. As for the bar, we advertise it to our supports, no one elses. I sometimes put the Bar on other forums like Batley and so on, but thats only so there supporters spend money in our bar.
It doesn't make sense for another bar in the town to advertise on our forum, thats what the Evening Mail is for.
And your right Bob, As long as the staff work like they do, we will get there eventually. This season has started well for getting people in early mainly because of the 2 closures. Lets just hope it carries on.
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users