Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

I will still be there on Sunday.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

My God just looked at the mail site and they have the bulldozers moving in on CP already. I know a lot of you think I'm negative on here but I just voice an opinion and my opinion on the back of a 5 for 5 defeated run is that we need to get the morale of the players back up and that can be done not only from comments on here but a voice from the stands.
I will be shouting as usual on Sunday and I hope you all join in and back our team win, lose or draw..

People should remember this is a new team with first time coaches..and perhaps sometimes people closely involved may need to take a step back to go forward, taking advice when offered or asked for from people who have experienced the highs and lows of this great game of ours.

I have seen great effort from the lads on the park and I know it hits them hard when they don't play to the best of their ability but consistency will come with effort. Keep going you Raiders, if you give 100% you get 100%.

Come on post some positives on here...

Edited by soss, 05 March 2013 - 04:10 PM.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#2 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

1. The sun is shining
2. We will come good
3. I'm sure I'm going to win the floodlight raffle
4. We have the players and coaches to consolidate in this division
5. It's time for a pint
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#3 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

My God just looked at the mail site and they have the bulldozers moving in on CP already. I know a lot of you think I'm negative on here but I just voice an opinion and my opinion on the back of a 5 for 5 defeated run is that we need to get the morale of the players back up and that can be done not only from comments on here but a voice from the stands.
I will be shouting as usual on Sunday and I hope you all join in and back our team win, lose or draw..

People should remember this is a new team with first time coaches..and perhaps sometimes people closely involved may need to take a step back to go forward, taking advice when offered or asked for from people who have experienced the highs and lows of this great game of ours.

I have seen great effort from the lads on the park and I know it hits them hard when they don't play to the best of their ability but consistency will come with effort. Keep going you Raiders, if you give 100% you get 100%.

My article in tomorrow's NWEM says many of the things you are highlighting Mike. No matter what we must stay positive as you say.

Posted Image

#4 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,510 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

Totally agree Mike. Unfortunately I'll be away on Sunday so will miss the game. I will certainly be at the Haven game,though,even if I have to move round the bulldozers. LOL

Posted Image

#5 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

whats the mail saying then ?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#6 Phil. K

Phil. K
  • Coach
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

I'll be there Sunday as normal and I'll be there every home game win lose or draw

My name is Phil . . . . I am a Rugby League Supporter ! http://www.barrowrlfc.com

Posted Image

#7 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

I will be there Sun supporting my favorite team come on lets get behind the boys

#8 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

the mail is saying, Holt,s concern at lack of direction from senior players

#9 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 768 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

whats the mail saying then ?

A load of rubbish as usual

#10 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 964 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

A load of rubbish as usual

they had a picture of long run in tonight, a dark coloured horse, with the name simonsig underneath and a story about the grey horse simonsig...... they dont get all their facts right so I wouldnt worry too much about what they print

#11 cath1820

cath1820
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

come on the raiders, we will be there come hell or high water on sunday,
onwards and upwards,that is the only way to go,keep your heads up,
cath,tony& gang

#12 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:52 AM

onwards and upwards,that is the only way to go,keep your heads up,

Theres also downwards and out - The league of death

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#13 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 518 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

Finchy needs to be played in the halfs with Cammy and stick the Bull back in the centre with Clay outside him.

C'mon Holty
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#14 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

Finchy needs to be played in the halfs with Cammy and stick the Bull back in the centre with Clay outside him.

C'mon Holty

and the man to replace the bull in the second row should be James Gordon,
come on holty sign the man up, the effort and commitment he puts in can rub off onto the other players!

#15 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

wish Baz Pugh could get sorted with working commitments as well :(

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#16 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

Great player Barry Pugh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of Only !!!!!!

Posted Image

#17 walneyboy

walneyboy
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

Totally agree Mike. Unfortunately I'll be away on Sunday so will miss the game. I will certainly be at the Haven game,though,even if I have to move round the bulldozers. LOL

if thats the case nasher can i use your season ticket then??
seems a shame to let it go to waste and it'll save me £15 too!!
cheers

#18 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,510 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

I take your point walney boy but you know how much the Club needs the money. I bought season tickets for myself and my wife knowing that we will very likely miss a number of matches. I did this in an attempt to help the cash flow.
Despite rumours to the contrary I am not mean,well not very. LOL

Posted Image

#19 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

Booked my train so the Coventry branch of the supporters club will be present.
It may be my last trip for a while as my owner goes into hospital to have two new knees and I'm going to have to wear my nurses uniform ( which is some compensation for missing games). Are there any new men out there that can show me how a vacuum cleaner works?
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#20 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

I take your point walney boy but you know how much the Club needs the money. I bought season tickets for myself and my wife knowing that we will very likely miss a number of matches. I did this in an attempt to help the cash flow.
Despite rumours to the contrary I am not mean,well not very. LOL

perhaps the £15 saved by walneyboy, if you were to lend him your ticket Nasher, could be re-contributed back into the clubs coffers via the raiders bar!

all helps, i myself am hoping for a nice summers day so i can get the raiders home shirt out (for the first time without a jacket, yes i am soft), sit back with a few Summery ciders and watch the boys bring home the win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users