Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Oldham v Leigh programme 1913

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pedro

Pedro
  • Players
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:27 AM

I have an old Oldham v Leigh programme which is in a very poor and tatty condition. It is for a match played over a hundred years ago on 22nd February 1913. I have no wish to sell it but has anybody any idea if it has any value?
For any historians the teams were :

Oldham........................................................................ Leigh
1 Cook............................................................................ Prescot
2 Holbrook.......................................................................Donohue
3 Farnsworth...................................................................Roberts
4 Davies ........................................................................Johnson
5 Williams.......................................................................Keegan
6 Anlezark......................................................................Cain
7 Lomas........................................................................ Mooney
8 Ferguson....................................................................No name given
9 Davies........................................................................Cartwright
10 Forshaw......................................................................Davies
11 Jardine........................................................................Collier
12 Waye...........................................................................Barton
13 West............................................................................Marsh
14 Frederick.................................................................... Darwell

Referee C Platt Swinton

Seems like they had 14 aside then or are these misprints?

Hornets were playing Runcorn that day.

Edited by Pedro, 06 March 2013 - 12:29 AM.

#2 sheddingswasus

sheddingswasus
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

Hi Pedro

I have sent you a PM

#3 Pedro

Pedro
  • Players
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I will contact the person mentioned in the next few days and possibly bring it along to show either of you when Oldham play Hornets some time. Unfortunately I can't make Sunday's match and as I live in Garforth I don't get over much apart from to watch Hornet's home games.
I must stress it is in very poor condition.

#4 Pedro

Pedro
  • Players
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Hi Sheddingwasus.

I've sent you a PM.

#5 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

According to the ever reliable turner we won that match 13-7. 2 tries from E David and one from Holbrook ans 2 goals fromLomas. The team is more or less as stated with the odd positional change. The only anomaly is the last player Frederick who doesn't appear. Bernard Frederick made 9 appearances for Oldham all in 1912-13 season. Probably a reserve as I don't think subs were allowed.

#6 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

I would guess . . . . . . seeing as its in very poor condition that you would be lucky to get £15 to £20 for it ........... in Good Condition ........well £80.00 to £100 or so maybe
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users