Oldham v Leigh programme 1913

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pedro

Pedro
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:27 AM

I have an old Oldham v Leigh programme which is in a very poor and tatty condition. It is for a match played over a hundred years ago on 22nd February 1913. I have no wish to sell it but has anybody any idea if it has any value?
For any historians the teams were :

Oldham........................................................................ Leigh
1 Cook............................................................................ Prescot
2 Holbrook.......................................................................Donohue
3 Farnsworth...................................................................Roberts
4 Davies ........................................................................Johnson
5 Williams.......................................................................Keegan
6 Anlezark......................................................................Cain
7 Lomas........................................................................ Mooney
8 Ferguson....................................................................No name given
9 Davies........................................................................Cartwright
10 Forshaw......................................................................Davies
11 Jardine........................................................................Collier
12 Waye...........................................................................Barton
13 West............................................................................Marsh
14 Frederick.................................................................... Darwell

Referee C Platt Swinton

Seems like they had 14 aside then or are these misprints?

Hornets were playing Runcorn that day.

Edited by Pedro, 06 March 2013 - 12:29 AM.

#2 sheddingswasus

sheddingswasus
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

Hi Pedro

I have sent you a PM

#3 Pedro

Pedro
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I will contact the person mentioned in the next few days and possibly bring it along to show either of you when Oldham play Hornets some time. Unfortunately I can't make Sunday's match and as I live in Garforth I don't get over much apart from to watch Hornet's home games.
I must stress it is in very poor condition.

#4 Pedro

Pedro
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Hi Sheddingwasus.

I've sent you a PM.

#5 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 630 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

According to the ever reliable turner we won that match 13-7. 2 tries from E David and one from Holbrook ans 2 goals fromLomas. The team is more or less as stated with the odd positional change. The only anomaly is the last player Frederick who doesn't appear. Bernard Frederick made 9 appearances for Oldham all in 1912-13 season. Probably a reserve as I don't think subs were allowed.

#6 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

I would guess . . . . . . seeing as its in very poor condition that you would be lucky to get £15 to £20 for it ........... in Good Condition ........well £80.00 to £100 or so maybe
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users