Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hawks TV: Hawks 42-22 Doncaster RL Match Highlights

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#2 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

some great trys in this coverage

also some poor defending at the start of the game

but credit where due, hunslet stuck to it and came away with a great result

pity about the poor crowd number
hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

#3 halifaxhawk

halifaxhawk
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

Thanks Blackpool.

#4 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

For a minute , i was expecting Inspector Clouseau to come flying out of the tunnel in the van........

#5 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

For a minute , i was expecting Inspector Clouseau to come flying out of the tunnel in the van........

Hahaha with his rhinos scarf round his head!!!!!
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#6 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

Tommy Haughey at fault for two tries.

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#7 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

Some excellent tries there, Welham looks a class act, looking forward now to our Good Friday night game.

#8 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

The Brett Waller try was the props fault not Tommy's

#9 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 924 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

Look again Blackpool ... I still blame "DR" !! ;)

One thing we can agree on though, is that these "mini" match videos are an excellent idea, good to see a few minutes of highlights of each game - whether you were there or not - and to see what Barry Eaton has to say afterwards.

#10 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

Look again Blackpool ... I still blame "DR" !! ;)

One thing we can agree on though, is that these "mini" match videos are an excellent idea, good to see a few minutes of highlights of each game - whether you were there or not - and to see what Barry Eaton has to say afterwards.

For winning us the game? ;)

Yes Hawks TV probably has the best match highlights i have seen in the Championship, Scott Johnson does a great job, its really professional, gives an insight into Barry's post match thoughts and is FREE.

Edited by Blackpool Hawk, 07 March 2013 - 08:42 AM.

#11 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 457 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

For winning us the game? ;)

One thing I am seeing about the DR is that we have won as many games as last year in the league to justify it. Yes they have improved the team, but I believe we would of still won the first game of the season against barrow with or without dr. We may of not gone 16-0 down without dr on sunday.
The league this season has 4 new teams from the division below so you would expect hunslet to do well against them & hunslet did beat both Doncaster & Whitehaven last season.
Please let's not justify every win down to having DR.

#12 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

One thing I am seeing about the DR is that we have won as many games as last year in the league to justify it. Yes they have improved the team, but I believe we would of still won the first game of the season against barrow with or without dr. We may of not gone 16-0 down without dr on sunday.
The league this season has 4 new teams from the division below so you would expect hunslet to do well against them & hunslet did beat both Doncaster & Whitehaven last season.
Please let's not justify every win down to having DR.

It was a bit of banter, hence the ;)

I for one agree with you, DR is not the only reason we have already won two games, but it certainly has helped. Id agree that with the Barrow game we could and would have probably won this game without the 3 lads who played, although Jimmy Keinhorst did score two great tries.

As for Sunday, Yates and Welham were our two best players, who are both contracted, closely followed by Hood, Singleton and Keinhorst and Watson IMO who are DR. It would be wrong not to acknowledge the part the DR lads played in that win, 4 tries from Hood and Keinhorst, 80 mins from Singleton, and a great game at fullback from Watson alone suggest they had an impact but its 17 players who are all doing the business.

So in summary id say that the DR is working great at the minute, were seeing quality performances from the DR players and are own players are responding and stepping up to the plate and doing the business. Who would have thought Helliwell would have won player of the week, a year ago. Long may it continue.

#13 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 457 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

It was a bit of banter, hence the ;)

I for one agree with you, DR is not the only reason we have already won two games, but it certainly has helped. Id agree that with the Barrow game we could and would have probably won this game without the 3 lads who played, although Jimmy Keinhorst did score two great tries.

As for Sunday, Yates and Welham were our two best players, who are both contracted, closely followed by Hood, Singleton and Keinhorst and Watson IMO who are DR. It would be wrong not to acknowledge the part the DR lads played in that win, 4 tries from Hood and Keinhorst, 80 mins from Singleton, and a great game at fullback from Watson alone suggest they had an impact but its 17 players who are all doing the business.

So in summary id say that the DR is working great at the minute, were seeing quality performances from the DR players and are own players are responding and stepping up to the plate and doing the business. Who would have thought Helliwell would have won player of the week, a year ago. Long may it continue.

I agree, i just do not want that we fall into a sence of we have won more games because of DR. There is 4 extra teams in our league now than the last 2 seasons, who have come up from the division below, so therefore we have more winnable games than any previous seasons in this division. However it would be nice to get a few wins against the more established teams.
In our first season did we win any games apart from Toulouse, Barrow & of course York?, oh no just remembered us beating that Super League club Widnes

#14 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

is haughey number 39?

#15 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:43 PM