Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

08/03/13 - Hull FC v Castleford Tigers - KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull FC (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. Voted Castleford Tigers (5 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

Ok, now I'm home and have read this post again, along with the others it "may" have been "relevant" to, I'm still struggling to grasp your inference.

Care to explain?

It appears to be sarcasm.......possibly ref Hull's high expectation coupled with a poor start to the season.....it appears that the poster was unaware that the game was already finished and was predicting that you'd win by a point......maybe

#62 NEIL FOX IS GOD

NEIL FOX IS GOD
  • Coach
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

What went wrong to a very good Cas team who beat Leeds and pushed Wigan all the way plus the Catalan draw this is not a great Hull team by any means was it just a bad day at the office?
Posted Image

#63 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,610 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

What went wrong to a very good Cas team who beat Leeds and pushed Wigan all the way plus the Catalan draw this is not a great Hull team by any means was it just a bad day at the office?

Maybe Hull just had a few bad days at the office and are showing their greatness... ;)
Posted Image

#64 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,682 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

Maybe Hull just had a few bad days at the office and are showing their greatness... ;)

Aye.

World domination is almost ours. :rolleyes:

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#65 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,610 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

That was my view as well.
That could of been nipped in the bud but for some inexplicable reason none of the officials seemed to spot the niggle!

I did think that overall, Ganson gave the best refereeing performance I've seen this season!

:)

Can't agree about Ganson. Had the game been closer, some of the crucial decisions he got wrong would have been more noticeable. The handling of the brawl would have been ripped into for a start (totally preventable and have the wrong team the penalty!).
Yeaman getting pushed as he went for a try should have been a penalty try, if not a penalty (for a push) and if not a penalty a scrum for Hull as Cas had knocked on and there was no advantage! It's hard to get it THAT wrong!

The policing of the offside was atrocious in the first half as well.

It's easy to think the ref has had a good game when the score line is huge. He just stops being under the spotlight.
Posted Image

#66 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

What happened to Cas?

Just one of those games. Nearly every loose ball and stray pass ended up in Hull hands. Fortunately for us, those hands often belonged to players with the pace to make it count. Hull played the conditions very well too, on the back of an outstanding kicking game from Holdsworth and Horne.

I was surprised by the number of people who voted for Cas to win this. Hull's record at the KC is outstanding under Peter Gentle.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#67 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

Cas fans doing the biggest conga the KC has seen.

Or as our lass said 'We can see you dancing out'.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#68 DimmestStar

DimmestStar
  • Players
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:27 AM

Oh dear.

And the delusion starts all over.

#69 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,682 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

Go on then, I'll bite again. If you think I put updates on here just to show how great I think Hull FC are, you're very much mistaken. I usually put them on if I'm at the game and it ain't on the telly. Here is one from last season you might enjoy reading.

I often do rather well at the bookies betting on my team, nearly always to get beat, as I seem to have a firmer grip on reality when it comes to Hull FC's chances than their assessors. (As you'll notice from said thread quoted.)

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#70 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

Hull Fc's world domination will once again be apparent with a 15-14 or similar annihilation of Castleford.

You know your rugby! :D :D
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#71 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hull Fc's world domination will once again be apparent with a 15-14 or similar annihilation of Castleford.

You appear to have predicted the score after the game had finished.

Would you like to play cards?

#72 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

You appear to have predicted the score after the game had finished.

Would you like to play cards?

and stil got it wrong ;)
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#73 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

and stil got it wrong ;)

:)

Doesn't make a lot of sense does it?

#74 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

Go on then, I'll bite again. If you think I put updates on here just to show how great I think Hull FC are, you're very much mistaken. I usually put them on if I'm at the game and it ain't on the telly. Here is one from last season you might enjoy reading.

I often do rather well at the bookies betting on my team, nearly always to get beat, as I seem to have a firmer grip on reality when it comes to Hull FC's chances than their assessors. (As you'll notice from said thread quoted.)

I think Dimmest Star seems to have an apt name. It would take someone really dim to read your posts and think they come from anywhere other than a place of utter pessimism! ;)

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#75 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,996 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#76 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

There's one player in the middle of all that who I'd be targeting for tests if I worked for UKADA

#77 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

There's one player in the middle of all that who I'd be targeting for tests if I worked for UKADA

don;t be so cryptic - tell us hat you mean
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#78 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

please be more specific - I'm intrigued
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#79 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,610 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

I can't see Justin Carney getting let off there! Just three punches at anyone and everyone regardless. What a thug, which is a shame because I really like how he plays so far from what I've seen.

Didn't see much of the Rangi/Lineham incident from that.

Again, how O'Meley got pulled out I've no idea!

All could have been avoided had a penalty been given for the swinging arm.
Posted Image

#80 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,996 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

Heck of a forward pass I thought for Houghton's try.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users