Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

08/03/13 - Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants - KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Leeds Rhinos (9 votes [81.82%])

Percentage of vote: 81.82%

2. Huddersfield Giants (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

Discuss the game here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

Leeds squad: Kallum Watkins, Joel Moon, Ryan Hall, Danny McGuire, Rob Burrow, Kylie Leulaui, Paul McShane, Jamie Peacock, Jamie Jones-Buchanan, Carl Ablett, Kevin Sinfield, Stevie Ward, Brett Delaney, Ryan Bailey, Ian Kirke, Chris Clarkson, Mitch Achurch, Richard Moore, Joe Vickery.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Huddersfield squad: Scott Grix, Leroy Cudjoe, Joe Wardle, Jermaine McGillvary, Danny Brough, Luke Robinson, Eorl Crabtree, Shaun Lunt, Craig Kopczak, Brett Ferres, David Faiumu, Larne Patrick, Jason Chan, Ukuma Ta'ai, Aaron Murphy, Jamie Cording, Jacob Fairbank, Dale Ferguson, Stuart Fielden.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

Leeds, by 14.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

Tight game. Hudds will be up for it after last weeks demolition by the Bulls. 2 good defenses and 2 good forward packs. Leeds, again, edge the back line for me.

Im going for Leeds, 18-14

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#6 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

Prediction:- The Giants to play better than they did on Sunday. :wacko:

#7 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Very interesting game
The giants better be up for it this week that's for sure!

We've dominated Leeds the past few seasons and have a tougher pack and strong backline that is the match of Leeds'

Dominate Sinfield is the way to win.

#8 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

MEDIA RELEASE

In this weeks edition of Headingley Carnegie Insight, Leeds Rhinos Head Coach Brian McDermott looks ahead to his side's clash with Huddersfield Giants at Headingley Carnegie this Friday, kick off 8pm.

HOW IS YOUR SQUAD SHAPING UP?

Carl Ablett and Danny McGuire will both have late fitness tests on niggles they have picked up in recent weeks but if they come through we are likely to field the same 17 that did so well over St Helens last Friday. Ryan Bailey is back in contention and is pressing hard for a recall but it is a tough call to change a side that has performed so well but that is a great position to be in. Ben Jones-Bishop is possibly only a few weeks away from getting the all clear to begin full training again and Zak Hardaker will not be far behind him so we are getting towards a healthy position. Mitch Achurch got some gametime under his belt at Hunslet last week and he is progressing well. We always said that there is a long term commitment from our part and Mitch's to him coming over and he has only played 15 first grade games in his career so it will take time for him to fulfil his potential however we are supporting him all the way and I am sure he will come back stronger.

WILL HUDDERSFIELD BE EVEN MORE DANGEROUS AFTER THEIR LOSS LAST WEEK?

They were always going to be a very dangerous side regardless of last week's result but I'm sure putting those wrongs right will be part of their motivation. Paul Anderson was able to begin his work with the squad at the back end of last year and they have benefitted from that with a strong start to the season. Huddersfield did the double over us last season and have won on their last two visits to Headingley Carnegie so we know the threat they pose. We are looking forward to welcoming Shaun Lunt back to Headingley Carnegie, he did a fantastic job for us last season and he is showing that form again with the Giants.

WILL IT BE TOUGH TO BACK UP AFTER THE LAST TWO GAMES?

That is something we will need to guard against obviously. It is a bit like the Easter period when it is the third game when you can come unstuck. The players are in good shape however and we have been planning for this period for a long time. Our preparations are always key to how we perform. We had some challenges last week at Saints with the travel issues on the M62 and our backroom staff were outstanding, everyone stepped up a gear so much so that speaking to the players after the game, they believed there had been no real issues unaware of all the re-arranging and work that had been shielded from them so they could focus on the game, I think that speaks volumes.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#9 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

C'mon Hudds!

#10 Rex Turp

Rex Turp
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Leeds too strong for the giants this Friday. Leeds too much firepower in the backs, will win by 20 points. Will be nice to see Lunty back at Headingley, was a great player for us last season.

#11 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

I think if Leeds win and play well it could set them up for a decent run,like the ones they used to have a few years ago. Leeds 26-Giants 16
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#12 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Might be closer than last week's form suggests - Leeds by 6.

#13 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

After last week you have to think Leeds easy, That said we don't do to bad against Leeds in the league, Sooner or later the pack have to step up, if they do, the backs are a match for Leeds. All ifs and buts and if i had to bet it would be on Leeds, just hope i'm wrong
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#14 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Huddersfield can't afford to play as poorly as they reportedly did last week, so I expect a backlash. Should be a cracker, this...

#15 cloudcomputerrepairs2012

cloudcomputerrepairs2012
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

Leeds win by 12 and ryan hall to have another massive game, I preticted in a another forum he would score 2 tries last week and i was right lol, i think he will score a try as well as Jamie Peacock and Rob Burrow, both are playing awsome.

Come on the Rhinos!!!

#16 cloudcomputerrepairs2012

cloudcomputerrepairs2012
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

deleted

Edited by cloudcomputerrepairs2012, 08 March 2013 - 10:01 PM.

#17 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

Oh good grief.

#18 TBC

TBC
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

Oh good grief.

Ditto.

#19 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

Thirded

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#20 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Everyday, we're all gonna say,
We love you Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!
Everywhere, we're gonna be there,

Marching On Together!
We're gonna see you win
(na na na na na na)
We are so proud,
We shout it out loud we love you Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!

We've been through it all together,
And we've had our ups and downs (UPS AND DOWNS!)
We're gonna stay with you forever,
at least until the world stops going round

(na na na)

Everyday, we're all gonna say we love you Leeds!Leeds!Leeds!
Everywhere, we're gonna be there,

Marching On Together!
We're gonna see you win
(na na na na na na)
We are so proud,
We shout it out loud we love you Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!
We are so proud, we shout it out Loud we love you LEEDS! LEEDS! LEEDS

All you above beat me to it ,but OOH dear!You are on the wrong forum for that kind of thing my friend
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK