Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

08/03/13 - Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants - KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Leeds Rhinos (9 votes [81.82%])

Percentage of vote: 81.82%

2. Huddersfield Giants (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

great result for hudds think last week must have been a blib,fancy at least a top 3 finish

#42 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,792 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Brough for England.

If I was McNamara, I'd look to see if him and Sinfield can play together.
Posted Image

#43 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 981 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

Defensively (line speed/tackling) we looked good again. Hudds 1st 4 tries came off kicks with 2 big errors. Brough kicked us to death though and Hudds were worthy winners. We made too many errors in our own half and they capitalised.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#44 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Was exactly what the Giants needed after the last two games, A win at Headingley is always welcome and has been coming a bit more regularly, Big game from Brough and he is obviously vital to the Giants, well done the forwards as well getting a bit of space for him to play, Hull obviously ran Cas off the park last night, Makes for a good game next week.
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#45 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Good win for Hudds, despite many errors in the first half. Not bad on a five day turnaround after a hammering. Fewer positional changes and having Brough back obviously made a big difference. Brough's kicking from hand was good;his place kicking was average.

Another solid defensive performance, although conceding the McShane try was disappointing. Hudds handled the pace of the Leeds backs well, but it's hard to show pace if you keep dropping the ball.

Good to see Dawson getting another game on the wing, even if it was owing McGilvray's late back spasm yesterday . Aaron Murphy has been impressive and adaptable so far this season and played well last night.

Hudds haven't fired on all cylinders yet but five wins out of six isn't bad. B)

#46 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,169 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

He must support Leeds Utd, that is their song

Rhinos also sing it.

#47 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

Rhinos singing-now there's a picture. :)

#48 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,888 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

Rhinos singing-now there's a picture. :)

Don't they just play with their horn?

Only just caught up with this thread, some fantastic stuff earlier, well done to all concerned.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#49 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

He must support Leeds Utd, that is their song

Every time Ive seen leeds rlfc play the fans have sang (or is it sung?) this song

#50 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

Don't they just play with their horn?

Easy now. ;) :)

#51 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

Every time Ive seen leeds rlfc play the fans have sang (or is it sung?) this song

Yep, well and truly adopted from the footie team.

#52 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,454 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

Yep, well and truly adopted from the footie team.

Never understood why they adopt a lame 70s pop song that was written for Leeds United.

Then again they would probably question why a bunch of trawlermen adopted a cowboy song about a knackered old horse.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#53 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

Never understood why they adopt a lame 70s pop song that was written for Leeds United.

Then again they would probably question why a bunch of trawlermen adopted a cowboy song about a knackered old horse.

:) :)
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#54 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

deleted

Think before you post next time
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#55 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

The song Leeds leeds leeds [marching on together]was one of several recorded by Ronnie hilton in tthe 60s.However M O T is now generally accepted that it is the adopted city anthem.Even the University sporting teams sing it.It is also said that Leeds Rhino's own the rights to the song ,because bought them in the Leeds United fire sale when they went bust

Edited by fieldofclothofgold, 10 March 2013 - 01:32 PM.

The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#56 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

What about "We've swept the sea's before boy's" HUNSLET?
The hour is getting late

JAMIE PEACOCK

#57 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,454 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

What about "We've swept the sea's before boy's" HUNSLET?

An odd one indeed. I wouldn't have thought the folk of Hunslet were renowned for their sea sweeping skills.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#58 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

An odd one indeed. I wouldn't have thought the folk of Hunslet were renowned for their sea sweeping skills.

Any more than the citizens of Hull were known for 'riding the range', I'd have thought! B)
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#59 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

I think it goe's back to their four cups season,and in 1908 In Hunslet it may have been more appropriate singing we've cleared the smoke and smog before boys
The hour is getting late

JAMIE PEACOCK

#60 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,454 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

Any more than the citizens of Hull were known for 'riding the range', I'd have thought! B)

Absolutely (see above for reference to trawlermen and cowboy songs ;) )

Edited by Ullman, 10 March 2013 - 02:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users