Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

08/03/13 - Warrington Wolves v St Helens - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Warrington Wolves (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. St Helens (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. Draw (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,639 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

Discuss the game here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,078 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

St Helens squad: Ade Gardner, Jordan Turner, Sia Soliola, Francis Meli, Lance Hohaia, Jonny Lomax, James Roby, Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Tony Puletua, Jon Wilkin, Willie Manu, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Flanagan, Paul Clough, Josh Jones, Joe Greenwood, Alex Walmsley, Anthony Walker, Mark Percival.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,078 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

Warrington squad: Brett Hodgson, Chris Riley, Chris Bridge, Ryan Atkins, Joel Monaghan, Richie Myler, Michael Monaghan, Garreth Carvell, Ben Westwood, Micky Higham, Simon Grix, Paul Wood, Mike Cooper, Chris Hill, Stefan Ratchford, Rhys Evans, Tyrone McCarthy, Ben Currie, James Laithwaite.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,078 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

St Helens, by 2.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

Wire by a mile

#6 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,816 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Depends on the team we have out - if we have the Monaghans back in then that's a bonus, otherwise I see us struggling.

#7 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

A little bird told me that both Monas bros are back along with Chris Bridge, but Trent Waterhouse is out and Rhys Williams drops out.

#8 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,492 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

Warrington to win. We have two non halfbacks at halfback and a bunch of forwards who, barring three of them (assuming Walmsley plays) only ever run sideways and mostly can't be bothered tackling and so we will make very little progress forward thus giving our non halfbacks even less opportunity to show the talent they don't have at halfback. It seems we don't have a goalkicker either unless Percival starts to kick because Turner is useless with kicking duties as we found out last week. On top of all that, we will be as boring as hell unless Percival can work wonders again as he did last week, although I'm sure Smith will have been watching him closely on the vid.

#9 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,310 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

C'mon Wire. ;)
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#10 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 689 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

If Michael Mono and his brother "Shep" play Wire by 10
But just read Lance "Who are you" is back so Wire by 20
Good job that fearsome Aussie Prop Perry is missing or i would go Wire by 30

#11 Auntie Linzi Morris

Auntie Linzi Morris
  • Coach
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

What a bizarre build-up to a Warrington vs Saints match this is.

Has there ever been a match where the majority of both sets of supporters seem to think their team will lose?

A pound on the draw it is then!

#12 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

I get the feeling that this could be quite an underwhelming game with neither side playing to their potential yet. Our very average start to the season makes it hard to feel the same sense of excitement which is normally present for this fixture.

I expect Warrington will win by a fairly narrow margin but at the same time will never really be under any threat.

#13 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,816 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

Saints have a decent recent record at the HJ, they are also very rarely blown away - they may not be playing with much flair at the moment, but they are still solid enough to frustrate Wire.

We need to get our attacking form back, if we are slightly off then Saints could keep things tight and frustrate us.

#14 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,078 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

While not too much can be read into last week, it was still 3 tries each against Leeds.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#15 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,816 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

While not too much can be read into last week, it was still 3 tries each against Leeds.

Yep - this is the thing, despite Leeds being the better team, it is very difficult to pull away from Saints (although Hudds did a great job of it in Wk1)

#16 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,737 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

Warrington to win. We have two non halfbacks at halfback and a bunch of forwards who, barring three of them (assuming Walmsley plays) only ever run sideways and mostly can't be bothered tackling and so we will make very little progress forward thus giving our non halfbacks even less opportunity to show the talent they don't have at halfback. It seems we don't have a goalkicker either unless Percival starts to kick because Turner is useless with kicking duties as we found out last week. On top of all that, we will be as boring as hell unless Percival can work wonders again as he did last week, although I'm sure Smith will have been watching him closely on the vid.

I suppose we should engage in the tedious exchange of negative predictions. Saints by 50.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#17 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,816 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

A little bird told me that both Monas bros are back along with Chris Bridge, but Trent Waterhouse is out and Rhys Williams drops out.

Any idea what's up with Waterhouse, don't think I have read anything about him?

#18 Walter

Walter
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Any idea what's up with Waterhouse, don't think I have read anything about him?

gluteus strain

http://www.warringto...ers_fears_grow/

#19 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,078 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

gluteus strain

http://www.warringto...ers_fears_grow/

Stuck on the North West line?

:ph34r:

On Odsal Top baht 'at.