Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

08/03/13 - Warrington Wolves v St Helens - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Warrington Wolves (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. St Helens (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. Draw (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

I was making a rubbish joke. Sorry.

:D

in true Stewart Lee fashion

#102 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

While not giving much away Brown seems to have just hinted that Loamx's switch to fullback will indeed be permanent and Wellens will play elsewhere. I hope this proves to be the case.

#103 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

Where else would you put Wellens? ..........LF maybe

#104 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

slowest water carrier ever?

#105 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

I believe that's the idea. He did say Wellens will be one of the first players picked when fit again.

#106 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

I believe that's the idea. He did say Wellens will be one of the first players picked when fit again.

has he ever played LF?

#107 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

has he ever played LF?

Not that I can recall and I have doubts about how effective he'd be playing there. I think he's played at centre, wing and in the halves in the past but I don't see him getting a role in any of those positions these days. Maybe he'll prove to be a valuable utility player though.

Edited by MrFussy, 08 March 2013 - 10:43 PM.

#108 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

Stand off with gaskell at SH?......poss centre.....can't see how else it could be.....as he gets older fatter and slower LF is more likely than the 3/4

#109 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

Rochdale
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#110 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 720 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

Travelled 200 miles from Kent to witness the worst 1st half display from Wire that I have ever seen. Full credit to Saints, Roby was outstanding in directing their play and backed up by a competent team. Sadly that adjective could not be used to describe the Wolves` performance. The only positives were the two tries from Bridge and Myler`s running and passing.
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#111 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,508 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

Well done saints, a professional job done...... Completed the sets, kicked deep and knew Warrington high risk play YOU would see more of the ball.

Hodgson - has been awful so far this season
Riley - better than other weeks
Bridge - great return and put in a solid defensive effort..... Massive positive
Atkins - can see why England haven't picked him, far too many errors in big games, seems to struggle in catch up rugby
Joel - still injured , a fully fit Joel would have scored in the corner
Ratchford - I agree with DaveT - too much off the cuff, better option for us would be FB / C with O'B at 6
Myler - in and out of the match, mainly down to a beaten pack..... Had some solid moments, kept trying, deserves his call up.

Hill - solid performance, shame about releasing the ball to roby, but no issue from me as its catch up rugby
Mike Monas - some silly errors, but all the creativity and expectations are firmly on his shoulders
Wood - solid effort, nothing special
Grix - far too many errors both handling and tackling - agree with DaveT
Westwood - cant do it all on his own, but he tried his best
Cooper - started well, on the pitch too long and when he came back on looked tried

Higham - didn't do anything special and tackled well
Currie - tackled well, like the look of him
Tyke - tackled well but nothing special
Carvell - seem to make an impact when he first came on but then he didn't do much.

So in a nutshell, warrington are relying on two hookers to direct us around the park.

Myler is trying his best, ratchford is too off the cuff and bret is on another planet.

For me it time to put Bridge at 13 we need someone with hands - not two hookers...... But that's my opinion

#112 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,006 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

You're right Paul. It's all about getting the balance right along the spine. If you have a Sinfield/Lockers at 13 then those halves could work, but without that it is too easy to stop your attack. Get O'Brien back, and there'd be a big improvement in balance.

Edited by Exiled Wiganer, 09 March 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#113 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users