Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

10/03/13 - Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Salford City Reds - KO 3.30pm

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (8 votes [88.89%])

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

2. Salford City Reds (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,688 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Discuss the game here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

Wakefield, by 20.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,725 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

I have no idea how this game will pan out. Belle Vue hasn't been a happy hunting ground for Salford so I'll go for 42-16 to Wakey

#4 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

It is with a heavy heart that I predict the end of this game will continue to prove Salford are the strongest side in Super League,as they remain at the bottom holding up the other clubs.
It is annoying that Wakefield,last year,lost 4 out of the first 5 games and in Round 9 were nilled by London to 36 points and despite those experts in black and white wanting Agar out,he was allowed to continue moulding the side put together after their financial difficulties and of course went on to reach the play-offs;and he is now an international coach.
Not the same support,or luck,for Phil Veivers,who entered the Augean stables (club) and bravely attempted to keep the horse (team) on a steady trot/walk despite all the obstacles in the way.
I cannot envisage Wakefield losing 3 on the bounce;especially at home,and facing a team which is required to perform while shot of confidence and in a climate of fear.
Wakefield by a lot.

#5 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

Interesting to see how the Salford players react to the sacking of their coach, although our players have to respond to losing to Catalans, a game which we should have won..Also after last week the question Wakefield fans are asking at the moment is, "Will Richard Agar pick Peter Fox this week..."
Posted Image

#6 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

28 - 12 to Trinty - but no agonising from me, just glad to have a team to support! :) Lets face it - up is the only way we can go anyway :lol:

#7 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

"Will Richard Agar pick Peter Fox this week..."

I suppose if the result was dependent on the number of errors resulting from kicks...
In the age of full time professionalism I do wonder why players seem to ignore working on their weaknesses.Still in the round ball game that Beckham fella did okay with limited ability.
I don't think England will get away with it in the autumn.

#8 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,057 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

I suppose if the result was dependent on the number of errors resulting from kicks...
In the age of full time professionalism I do wonder why players seem to ignore working on their weaknesses.Still in the round ball game that Beckham fella did okay with limited ability.
I don't think England will get away with it in the autumn.

I'm not sure you could of picked a worse example. Beckham is the perfect example of a player with limited ability who's had a great career because he worked incredibly hard on his game.

#9 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

With hindle xiii on this one.

#10 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

I'm not sure you could of picked a worse example. Beckham is the perfect example of a player with limited ability who's had a great career because he worked incredibly hard on his game.

I agree he worked on his strengths.The point I was making was regarding working on weaknesses.
In his case he could knock a ball into a penalty area - take a free kick and a penalty.But he could NOT tackle,run,dribble,use his left foot or his head.
WLYW2 worries about Fox dealing with kicks and some Salford followers worry about high kicks towards a certain player.

#11 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

WAKEY 36 SALFORD 22
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#12 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

Salford squad: Matty Ashurst, Ryan Boyle, Jodie Broughton, Andrew Dixon, Niall Evalds, Theo Fages, Liam Foran, Ashley Gibson, Martin Gleeson, Wayne Godwin, Darrell Griffin, Jordan James, Lee Jewitt, Vic Mauro, Shannon McPherson, Jack Murphy, Adam Neal, Gareth Owen, Marc Sneyd.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#13 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

Wakefield squad: Richard Mathers, Peter Fox, Dean Collis, Lee Smith, Ben Cockayne, Paul Sykes, Tim Smith, Justin Poore, Paul Aiton, Ali Lauiti'iti, Danny Washbrook, Kyle Wood, Kyle Amor, Oliver Wilkes, Frankie Mariano, Kyle Trout, Vince Mellars, Reece Lyne, Chris Annakin.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#14 Forever Trinity

Forever Trinity
  • Coach
  • 634 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

Cant see past a Wakey win to be honest

#15 NEIL FOX IS GOD

NEIL FOX IS GOD
  • Coach
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

I have a bad feeling about this one we have thrown the last 4 points away hope we drop Fox but all the same Salford by 4
Posted Image

#16 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

I have a bad feeling about this one we have thrown the last 4 points away hope we drop Fox but all the same Salford by 4

Bloody Hell!
Someones not feeling well this morning

#17 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,725 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Salford have only 2 from 15 V Wakefield (must be at Belle Vue) according to Sky

#18 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

It is annoying that Wakefield,last year,lost 4 out of the first 5 games and in Round 9 were nilled by London to 36 points and despite those experts in black and white wanting Agar out,he was allowed to continue moulding the side put together after their financial difficulties and of course went on to reach the play-offs;and he is now an international coach.

Eh? :huh: I certainly wanted him off our coaching set up but I'm quite pleased at his success at Wakey.

As to this game, can't see much else than a big home win tbh. Hope not for TonyXIII's sake, as I imagine he'll be making the trip over as a treat for his missus on "Mother's day". Will be interesting to see how the Salford players respond to Vievers' sacking. Who knows, they may find a fighting spirit in an effort to stay on the good Doctor's payroll.

But I doubt it.

Wakey 52 Salford 14. ( :( )

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#19 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,988 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

Eh? :huh: I certainly wanted him off our coaching set up but I'm quite pleased at his success at Wakey.

As to this game, can't see much else than a big home win tbh. Hope not for TonyXIII's sake, as I imagine he'll be making the trip over as a treat for his missus on "Mother's day". Will be interesting to see how the Salford players respond to Vievers' sacking. Who knows, they may find a fighting spirit in an effort to stay on the good Doctor's payroll.

But I doubt it.

I am, indeed, going to the game. My absence from the house will be my personal present to my "missus". :D That and the single pink rose I gave her on Friday!

As for the game, we haven't actually conceded 50 yet this season, though we have tried really hard. Wakey to win 42-10.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#20 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,525 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

But I doubt it.

The change seems to have had a positive outcome for both us and Wakefield. Everybody's happy.

Hard to see anything but a big win for Wakefield. I'm going for them to cover -14.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."