Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

10/03/13 - Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Salford City Reds - KO 3.30pm

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (8 votes [88.89%])

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

2. Salford City Reds (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

Wakefield lacked authority up front today and consequently conceded easy yards and found it tough to get any momentum. Kirmond and Raleigh both out injured and Amor dropped for disciplinery reasons, Bravo Richard Agar for taking a tough stance.

Tim Smith off early in the game and Wakefield looked a little clyeless without him, neither Wood nor Sykes have shown anything like their 2012 form so losing Smith was a major blow.

Salford came fired up by Alan Hunte who also injected a bit enthusiasm by picking a couple of youngsters, they were basic but efficient and ground out a deserved lead.

Poor show from Trinity who must improve if they're going to get in the eight

Do you not think that was as much to do with a vastly improved defensive effort from Salford?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#42 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Do you not think that was as much to do with a vastly improved defensive effort from Salford?

Of course it was, but they were pretty shocking before werent they?? :)
Posted Image

#43 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

OF, no I didn't have kittens. It was far too cold! But I did have a very enjoyable pint of real ale in the Duke of York after the game, and managed to get warm, too :) .

We went to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park near Wakey today and it was absolutely chuffing freezing cold. Not exactly summer rugby over at Belle Vue.

It reminded me of one time we got a coach over from Wire for a Wednesday night fixture (I think) and just as we got there they announced it was cancelled due to unsafe icy terraces. I checked my phone today to see if the game had gone ahead!

#44 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

Of course it was, but they were pretty shocking before werent they?? :)

Yes, they were. :)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#45 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

Best defensive effort from Salford in a long time.

The game was also a perfect example of why the golden point should not be adopted here.

#46 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 658 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

Wouldn't like to take anything away from Salford, even though they were out scored in the try department they deserved to win, but Trinity were awful, as bad as I've seen them play for a while.

The conversion did miss I was stood right in line with it, the wind took it away at the last minute. but then i wasn't 100% convinced by Sykes' drop goal.

Big big improvement needed in the next two weeks.

#47 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

No improvement by Wakey required for at least a week, thanks.

#48 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,978 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#49 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

No improvement by Wakey required for at least a week, thanks.

Oi!! massive improvement needed thanks!! You wont have to worry on friday though, our injuries and form mean saints will get 40+... :(
Posted Image

#50 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,978 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

Was the disputed penalty goal given by the way?

If the ball passes near to one upright, the Touch Judge assigned Judge’s decision to that upright is in the better position of the two to decide whether the ball has passed inside or outside the post and, in the event of disagreement, the Referee should be more inclined to accept this particular Touch Judge’s decision.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#51 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

yes it was, last year we lost to Warrington on a 7th tackle try in the last minutes of the game, guess who was counting, Mr Alibert

This year we get Penaltygate, with Mr Alibert again

#52 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,978 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

yes it was, last year we lost to Warrington on a 7th tackle try in the last minutes of the game, guess who was counting, Mr Alibert

This year we get Penaltygate, with Mr Alibert again

I say that because the above quoted rule says if the touch judge at the post gives it then the ref should give it. And from what I saw, the post in question was the near post. So while I can't comment on whether it was a goal, the right rule was followed.

I watched it on Full Time, a quick scan through the posted highlights suggest it wasn't included.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#53 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 658 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

No issue with Alibert giving the conversion, he's relying on his touch judges. However they were incorrect by awarding the score when it clearly missed.

#54 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,978 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

No issue with Alibert giving the conversion, he's relying on his touch judges. However they were incorrect by awarding the score when it clearly missed.

Fairdoos. I've only seen it on Full Time and it was impossible to see the tops of the posts on the telly, HD cameras for Belle Vue please!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users