Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Kingstone Press Championship - Round 6

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Poll: Which game are you most looking forward to? (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game are you most looking forward to?

1. Featherstone Rovers v Keighley Cougars (6 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

2. Voted Leigh Centurions v Sheffield Eagles (6 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

3. Barrow Raiders v Dewsbury Rams (3 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

4. Doncaster v Batley Bulldogs (5 votes [19.23%])

Percentage of vote: 19.23%

5. Halifax v Swinton Lions (2 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

6. Hunslet Hawks v Whitehaven (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. York City Knights v Workington Town (4 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

A certain player has tweeted that Fev fans were singing racist chants - if true, it's despicable

if you can say cas is a race then fair enough but maybe he needs to put his dummy back in!!

#22 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Cant say i heard anything of that nature myself - a lot were singing christmas songs to owen

#23 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

Only one I heard that was a bit naughty (and funny) was singing Jingle Bells to Richard Owen

#24 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

Oh and of course the obligatory "Cas Song"

#25 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Maybe chanting "you fat B'stard" at Paul March as he was leaving the field in disgrace was mis-heard?

#26 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

I thought the new covered end looked a bit freaky in total darkness with no-one in it. Like some sort of never never land where p&r doesn't exist.... ;)

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#27 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

I thought the new covered end looked a bit freaky in total darkness with no-one in it. Like some sort of never never land where p&r doesn't exist.... ;)

Beyond the railway line lies Castleford, it's always dark that way, the Minas Morgul to our Minas Tirith

Edited by Ponterover, 07 March 2013 - 10:43 PM.

#28 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

A certain player has tweeted that Fev fans were singing racist chants - if true, it's despicable

And if he wants to report it so the alleged incident is properly investigated, Twitter isn't the place to do so. If he doesn't want to report anything, then he should keep his mouth shut. It's a strong allegations to make. I would hope it's not true, and I also didn't hear anything at the game.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#29 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

The player in question doesnt want to pursue or discuss the matter further after being questioned about the incident and what actual comments were said on twitter so make of that what you will

Edited by elppaxr2i, 08 March 2013 - 12:01 AM.

#30 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:04 AM

The player in question doesnt want to pursue or discuss the matter further after being questioned about the incident and what actual comments were said on twitter so make of that what you will

So essentially, he made it up.

#31 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

Who knows but cant seem to back anything up when questioned and no player appears to be backing up the player either- original tweet has been deleted apparently also

If it was that serious he shouldve complained to the club in all honesty, enough cameras and sound equipment and there last night to perhaps pick anything (if at all) was said

Edited by elppaxr2i, 08 March 2013 - 12:14 AM.

#32 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

Heard nothing of the sort, its not like Ferdinand claiming it a crowd of 40k, there was 2k there, somebody WOULD have heard something to back up the claim.

He should have reported it if really did hear something even if nobody else heard it.

The only thing I can think of is that hes heard 'cas' as 'black'?

Cummins Out.

#33 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

We simply and truthfully don't do racist chants. it was tweeted by the Castleford player number 28, he has now deleted his statement due to it being totally untrue. I start the majority of chants and I am the one with the drum so I would know and hear it if it happened. Just sour grapes for being thrashed.

Edited by Stratobill, 08 March 2013 - 06:37 AM.

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#34 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

Sounds like a very silly tweet then - thanks for the replies.

Thought Fev looked different class without really stretching themselves.

Can't we Owen playing first team for Cas for some time - truly awful performance
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#35 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

Sounds like a very silly tweet then - thanks for the replies.

Thought Fev looked different class without really stretching themselves.

Can't we Owen playing first team for Cas for some time - truly awful performance

I would suggest it probably was a silly tweet, he probably mis-heard something and in the heat of the moment post game, tweeted it. He's not the first and won't be the last to do something like that, the RFL have just fined 3 players for it, not that it's an issue confined to RL or even sportspeople in general, as per the link below. The joys of the age of social media and the ability to comment to the world in an instant.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/21703046

It was a better 80 min defensive effort from us, without looking quite 100% in attack. The injury to Briggsy in the 1st 10 mins probably didn't help, no problem with shuffling things around, but it limited the chance to rotate players throughout the game.

Owen's confidence looked shot, and he also didn't look overly happy to be at Keighley either. If he doesn't want to graft at the Cougars for a few weeks to rebuild his confidence though, I'm not sure where next for him.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

#36 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

I

Owen's confidence looked shot, and he also didn't look overly happy to be at Keighley either. If he doesn't want to graft at the Cougars for a few weeks to rebuild his confidence though, I'm not sure where next for him.

He never looks overly happy to be playing at Cas either! The ball is well and truly in his court and he needs to grasp his opportunity or that's his career gone
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#37 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

Tonight's game will be interesting , I am not sure who will win, should be a cracker and wouldn't be surprised if it's a draw.
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#38 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

Tonight's game will be interesting , I am not sure who will win, should be a cracker and wouldn't be surprised if it's a draw.

which game?

Posted Image

#39 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

which game?

Leigh v Sheffield at a guess.

Please view my photos.

#40 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

I'll refrain from 'singing' a Leigh song on here ;)

I do hope we win - following http://www.leighlife...radioPage.shtml for commentary and http://www.leighupdates.co.uk/

Nowt better than beating a Yorkshire team living here :D

Edited by amh, 08 March 2013 - 07:22 PM.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users