Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NRL - Round 1

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Poll: Which game are you most interested in? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game are you most interested in?

1. Sydney Roosters v South Sydney Rabbitohs (10 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Brisbane Broncos v Manly Sea Eagles (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Parramatta Eels v New Zealand Warriors (1 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

4. Canterbury Bulldogs v North Queensland Cowboys (1 votes [6.67%])

5. Penrith Panthers v Canberra Raiders (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Melbourne Storm v St George Illawarra Dragons (2 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

7. Cronulla Sharks v Gold Coast Titans (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Newcastle Knights v Wests Tigers (1 votes [6.67%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

george burgess is having a huge game....and sam running over SBW was cracking too

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#22 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Both George and Sam took the ball up 16 times tonight making 153m!

I was actually surprised at that stat. I thought George looked much stronger with ball in hand. A good season for him and I think he'll be pushing for the World Cup Squad.

I hope Tom gets some game time too.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#23 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,118 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Enjoyed that. HT interview with SBW by Brad Fittler was interesting, at least in as much that SBW is pretty non commital to the future.

#24 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

Both George and Sam took the ball up 16 times tonight making 153m!

I was actually surprised at that stat. I thought George looked much stronger with ball in hand. A good season for him and I think he'll be pushing for the World Cup Squad.

I hope Tom gets some game time too.

if george keeps playing like he did today i would'nt have a problem with him being selected....the way he punched holes in the roosters defence very much reminded me of jamie peacock..

OLDHAM RLFC

#25 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

Always knew when George had the ball -he was the one who was ALWAYS driving the Roosters defence back! Great offload to Inglis too.
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#26 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

took his try well too...

OLDHAM RLFC

#27 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Inglis is a freak. So big, strong, fast and has great skill as well. Good to see Sam Burgess run straight over Money Bill. Money Bill did nothing really and his try was just a walk in. Both the Burgess boys went well especially George. Souths will be up there I think again and wouldne be too surprised to see them in the Grand Final. Roosters offered little really despite spending big. Forwards offered little and struggled to contain the Burgess Brothers. And the halfbacks just didnt get in to the game. Roosters will need to improve big time if they wish to get anywhere near the top 4 this year.

#28 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,177 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

Promo code nuts6

6 months for £30, no connection fee

Hoping there's another code around in August

Thanks Maggie, for a fiver a month I can't pass up on that one!

#29 CGD

CGD
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

George was fantastic last night, very impressive.

Inglis is in for a freak of a year if he doesn't get injured. His biggest yet, which is terrifying.

SBW did just fine in his first league game in 5 years. He'll be good for the Roosters.

#30 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

Carn sharkies (assuming they're not dissolved before the first game!)
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#31 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

Was atthe Bunnies game last night, fantastic atmosphere. SBW didnt look anything special like we all know he is. Souths are gonna be a real handful i feel this season, already being lined up as potential premiership winners by the media due to their star studded lineup. Based on last night, think the Roosters could struggle to make the 8 based on the way they got totally dominated across the park.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#32 ParraEelsNRL

ParraEelsNRL
  • Coach
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:55 AM

Welcome back $peed Bump Williams

Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 ParraEelsNRL

ParraEelsNRL
  • Coach
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:55 AM

Pics stolen blatantly from another forum.

#34 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:21 AM

I am not fussed on SBW as a person but there is no denying he will be a force in the NRL, when he left he was among the best forwards in the game, he has not played for five years, he may need to to get back up to speed.
Sam Burgess had a great game bar two things his constant sledging players all night, that's from a bygone era and looks poor on TV and arguing with the Refs when he was obviously wrong every time, he is not the Captain and has no right to keep questioning decisions.

He will get a minimum one week suspension for his Shoulder shot to the head of Pearce, its that sort of stuff that has seen the Shoulder charge banned.

#35 Blotto

Blotto
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

Disagree about Burgess's tackle it was a committed one but the Player was going down so it becomes an accidental headshot, yet Reynolds got an elbow in the face that was deemed accidental but my book the elbow was swinging and deliberate. but it wasn't a Pom that did it so nfa
If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

#36 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

He will get one week imo he has a history of Headshots.
The tackler has to be in control of his approach in the tackle, the fact a player is falling is up to the tackler to adjust his technique.
Burgess has prior form with his tackling.

#37 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

WHat a try from the Broncos - outstanding
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#38 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,867 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

I am not fussed on SBW as a person but there is no denying he will be a force in the NRL, when he left he was among the best forwards in the game, he has not played for five years, he may need to to get back up to speed.

A good time to be facing him, right at the start of his brief return to top class Rugby. Can't wait for his first match against Canterbury though!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#39 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

Broncos ran out of steam in the 2nd half. Manly may be weaker without Glen Stewart in the team currently, but with Foran & Cherry Evans in the halves, plus Matai & lyon in the centres, there still gonna take some stopping. Dont know why all the aussie bookies are writing them off.
Cronulla look screwed though, just sacked head coach, plus physio, doctor and conditioner, with players holiding emergency team meetings as we speak

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#40 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Broncos never got going. I called it at half time on LU. The only reason they were slightly ahead at the half was because of the massively lopsided penalty count. Hodges looked good but apart from him, that backline looks average this year. Wallace kills the attacking plays too often too. Reminds me a lot of Burrow when he played 7 at leeds. I had the same criticisms then. If they want to do anything this year they will need Pronce to take more control.

Edited by Harrigan, 08 March 2013 - 11:36 AM.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg