• 52 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Click here.

#2 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

Dewsbury Rams has today announced that prop forward Dario Esposito has been released from his contract in order to take up a contract offer from Rams' Kingstone Press Championship rivals Sheffield Eagles.
Rams arrived in the close season from York City Knights with the aim of cementing a regualr place in the starting line. Unfortunately however the player was unavailable for part of the pre-season training and also for the Boxing Day friendly against Batley having arranged a holiday over the festive period. This obviously put him back in the selection rankings with others having already staked a place ahead of him. Dario felt that he didn't want to stay at the Rams to fight for a place and expressed a wish to go elsewhere. The policy at the Rams is not to stand in the way of any player who didn't want to be at the club and he has therefore been released with immediate effect.
We would like to wish Dario all the best at his new club and no doubt we will see him when our two clubs meet later in the season.

Is this the first ever 'actual' account of a player leaving a club?

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#3 S.T.R

S.T.R
  • Coach
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

With the current situation regarding eric france going bust it makes sense to release a fringe player
When I want your opinion, I will remove the gaffer tape

#4 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

With the current situation regarding eric france going bust it makes sense to release a fringe player

He did himself no favours by missing pre-season.

#5 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

Dewsbury Rams has today announced that prop forward Dario Esposito has been released from his contract in order to take up a contract offer from Rams' Kingstone Press Championship rivals Sheffield Eagles.
Rams arrived in the close season from York City Knights with the aim of cementing a regualr place in the starting line. Unfortunately however the player was unavailable for part of the pre-season training and also for the Boxing Day friendly against Batley having arranged a holiday over the festive period. This obviously put him back in the selection rankings with others having already staked a place ahead of him. Dario felt that he didn't want to stay at the Rams to fight for a place and expressed a wish to go elsewhere. The policy at the Rams is not to stand in the way of any player who didn't want to be at the club and he has therefore been released with immediate effect.
We would like to wish Dario all the best at his new club and no doubt we will see him when our two clubs meet later in the season.

Seeing as the Rams have released him from his contract,does that mean we won't get a transfer fee for him from the Eagles ? Did we pay for his air ticket to come over to England or was it out of his own pocket.If he wasn't prepared to fight for his place,then we are better off without him.

#6 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 922 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

His last club was York so no air fare needed. As for transfer fee I doubt it.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#7 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

His last club was York so no air fare needed. As for transfer fee I doubt it.

I'm sure he went back to New Zealand at the end of last season.

#8 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

I was quite impressed with him in the friendlies. He can play prop or second row I believe - I would sooner have given him a go before donaldson or murphy.
Bet he has a stormer against us. :huh:

#9 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

What makes Esposito think he can walk into any first team and not have to fight for his place that to me shows a lack of respect for the other players by thinking he is that much better than they are, I wonder what the Sheffield players and supporters think of his decision and better still the reason for him wanting to join them

#10 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Well, he hasn't walked in yet. He doesn't sound very Italian.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users