Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

lad in St. Helens u19s from hornets u20s

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mozzer

mozzer
  • Players
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

a young Rochdale lad has broke into the saints under 19s squad for the game against Warrington on Friday 8th mar .
Hopefully this young man goes to prove that the link up with the saints is a success and that Rochdale lads do get a chance to play at a good level and have a chance to succeed
well done to the young man and his coaches at hornets u20s

#2 apiarist

apiarist
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

Do we know who this young lad is ?

#3 mozzer

mozzer
  • Players
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

young man in question jack Ashworth

#4 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

While we are at it, young Rochdale lad Cameron Connolly made his debut for Wigan last night (scholarship level i think).
His Dad is Marvin Connolly who will be very familiar to many who know the local RL scene in Rochdale. I think Marvin played in our Acadamy set up in the mid 90's ? I am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong.

I have to admit to being a bit gutted that Hornets missed out on picking up young Callum Marriott from Salford during the pre season, he would have added some size to our pack. I suspect he will be pulling a jumper on for the dark side against us on Sunday. He was a regular MOM in League Express for Salford U20's. But all the same, good to see the local scene producing some possible talent for the future.
It would also be good to see that name Marriott on the team sheet again. If he was half as good as his Dad, he will be a belter.
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#5 mozzer

mozzer
  • Players
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

great news their are several young lads from Rochdale on scholarships at super league clubs ,hopefully they will grace out screens in years to come on super league , but if not let's hope they come to hornets and play for their home town club .
Hopefully one of these young men could be successful and help promote rugby league in Rochdale not just at pro level but at amateur were it all begins ,
Callum is a great player tough defender , and strong going forward , pity hornets missed him and the roughyeds got him , but top lad all the same

#6 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 268 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

he still only 17 as well

#7 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

For the Record Callum is 19, he was offered the chance at Salford due to all the Coaching Staff at Oldham being from Salford and Alan Hunte wanting to keep his eye on him with the chance of re-signing him for Salford when in Forward Terms he Physically Matures ,(Alan Huntes words).

The Youth System at Mayfield is producing MANY Young Talented Individuals
"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#8 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 268 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

i was talking about jack ghostduster he not 18 till July

#9 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Sorry 'Desperate Dan' ! ;)
"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users