Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dario Esposito

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,863 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

Has been released by Dewsbury and signed for Sheffield Eagles, think he could have done a job for us.

#2 Clarence St

Clarence St
  • Coach
  • 348 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

Has been released by Dewsbury and signed for Sheffield Eagles, think he could have done a job for us.

Don't get A.A. and me going! We went through this months ago.

#3 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,137 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

Don't get A.A. and me going! We went through this months ago.

Did I hear my name ? :D

#4 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 616 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

Was sorry to see him go. He barely stepped of the plane for us.

#5 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

He probably could have John, but after the way he was treated here I would have been VERY surprised if he had returned to the Knights. <_<

#6 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

He probably could have John, but after the way he was treated here I would have been VERY surprised if he had returned to the Knights. <_<

How was he treated? Was he picked on and bullied? Did someone flush his head down the bog? Did they put itching powder in his shorts?

There's me thinking he'd been offered a deal and he thought he was worth more so signed elsewhere.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#7 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

How was he treated? Was he picked on and bullied? Did someone flush his head down the bog? Did they put itching powder in his shorts?

There's me thinking he'd been offered a deal and he thought he was worth more so signed elsewhere.

Thats likely to be factual Simon but methinks there was more to it than that, unless I've been lied to of course.

Fans hear all sorts of stories, some based on truth and others purely mischievous, like the cleaner who told me that Darios head had blocked up the bog! And of course one thing that never changes is players self-valuation, like all clubs we have had so many who think they are far better than what they really are.

#8 The Bassets Assets

The Bassets Assets
  • Players
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

Thats likely to be factual Simon but methinks there was more to it than that, unless I've been lied to of course.

Fans hear all sorts of stories, some based on truth and others purely mischievous, like the cleaner who told me that Darios head had blocked up the bog! And of course one thing that never changes is players self-valuation, like all clubs we have had so many who think they are far better than what they really are.

And sadly over the last few years we've had some good young uns who were judged only on a temporary loss of form come contract time/offer and they went elsewhere. No names but take a look around this league and ask yourself why the management set up did not see this and keep them with us. Foresight is like a f****kin, you've either got it or you have'nt!!!!!!

#9 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

And sadly over the last few years we've had some good young uns who were judged only on a temporary loss of form come contract time/offer and they went elsewhere. No names but take a look around this league and ask yourself why the management set up did not see this and keep them with us. Foresight is like a f****kin, you've either got it or you have'nt!!!!!!

sounds like you should be the next chairman
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#10 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 616 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

I'm not sure whether I have a f****kin or not to be honest...

#11 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,863 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Edited by Spanish Knight, 09 March 2013 - 07:35 PM.

#12 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

Neither am I, but its no skin off my nose. :rolleyes:

#13 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

John

Why the edit ? I was wetting myself
Posted Image

#14 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

No, you're a complete c0ck.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#15 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

No, you're a complete c0ck.

Brilliant
Posted Image

#16 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 655 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

Spoke to Dario a few times on twitter and him leaving was never about money he simply wanted to play rugby but wasn't offered a contract to stay he simply felt pushed out

#17 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 616 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

Oh I see, he censored "foreskin", which isn't a swear. I thought he'd censored f@@kin' with too many stars and missed a word out. I truly am a complete c0ck. As is Simon, who isn't jewish either.