86 replies to this topic

#61 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

EH?

Of course its relevant!

Wheldon Rd and Belle Vue are in the state theyre in because funding for redevelopment isn't there, years nay decades have been lost in the futile attempt to secure funds and redevelop both grounds. RL fans, Sports administrators, sponsors etc have all proclaimed their exasperation at the number of failed schemes that have been proposed over the years.

Now and for the forseeable future there simply doesn't seem to be any funds for redeveloping either stadium so to suggest that Cas or Wakey should look into redeveloping is just not logicl and just throws us back into the unsuccessful merry go round that we've been in for the last 30+ years.

Like its location or not Newmarket is THE ONLY option for Wakefield Trinity unless the club want to slip out of the top tier of the sport, even then its only a delay to the innevitable.

Whether or not there's funding is relevant.

Where it comes from is not.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#62 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

Whether or not there's funding is relevant.

Where it comes from is not.

The fact is there’s no funding as has been proved over the last 30+ years.

I'm not going to get into a pedantic argument about the petty semantics of forum communications and the idiosyncrasies and nuances of the English language

FFS

#63 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Looks as though it hasn't sunk in with Dickie yet though http://www.pontefrac...-tail-1-5476522

'.....But Richard Wright, director and member of the club’s stadium steering project group, responded to the council’s statement by vowing to finalise their stadium plans.
He said: “We did meet Wakefield Council representatives at the beginning of February and the subject of their £2m offer was discussed.
“We were told that the council would do what they could to support us and they asked that we deliver detailed proposals to them for all our options and we are currently working these up.
“We do not know yet, what level of funding can be generated, so we are developing a number of options in some detail and once finished we intend to present these to the council.........'

Deary me, the bloke is either seriously deluded, or thinks he can continue to lie his way into another license.

#64 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

The fact is there’s no funding as has been proved over the last 30+ years.

I'm not going to get into a pedantic argument about the petty semantics of forum communications and the idiosyncrasies and nuances of the English language

FFS

It's not just an idiosyncracy. They are completely different issues.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#65 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

It's not just an idiosyncracy. They are completely different issues.

I, Well you knock yourself out worrying about the differences then, meanwhile,
There's no funding for the redevelopment of either Wheldon Rd or Belle Vue

#66 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

I, Well you knock yourself out worrying about the differences then, meanwhile,
There's no funding for the redevelopment of either Wheldon Rd or Belle Vue

maybe he wants them to start releasing nice drawings of what they could look like, but with no actual plan to build them lol

#67 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

Surely the RFL wont believe Richard Wright if at the next round of licensing he says we will have our new ground by end of season honest.

Hes been stringing the fans on for years now n its wearing thin
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#68 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

Surely the RFL wont believe Richard Wright if at the next round of licensing he says we will have our new ground by end of season honest.

Hes been stringing the fans on for years now n its wearing thin

I remember a lovely pastel coloured rectangular stadium at Whitwood in the P&C with Richard Wright claiming theyd be in it within 5 years... that was in 1999.

Cummins Out.

#69 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

I remember a lovely pastel coloured rectangular stadium at Whitwood in the P&C with Richard Wright claiming theyd be in it within 5 years... that was in 1999.

wow - things change, but hey, all hail Feisal, I'm sure it's a long term strategy
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#70 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

wow - things change, but hey, all hail Feisal, I'm sure it's a long term strategy

At least Fev appear to have a strategy as opposed to Cas' Mr Micawber like hope that 'something will turn up' eh Kenny?

#71 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

At least Fev appear to have a strategy as opposed to Cas' Mr Micawber like hope that 'something will turn up' eh Kenny?

Burn the clubhouse down again :lol:
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#72 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Burn the clubhouse down again :lol:

dont think they can afford the matches down at cas at the moment, although there shuld be plenty of tinder with all the previous stadium plans tucked away lol

#73 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

yep - plan "A" - rely on Feisal, guaranteed to bring you success I'm sure!
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#74 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

loving the short memories I really am!!! :D

Posted Image

#75 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

yep - plan "A" - rely on Feisal, guaranteed to bring you success I'm sure!

You're hilarious, really you are. Ever thought that the reason Cas are in the position they are in is because the club is being led by the likes of Dickie, whose grasp of reality appears to be, shall we say suspect? As for Feisal, he's stumped up the cash already. Maybe you should consider why he left Cas and more importantly why they haven't chased him for the money he allegedly owes them? Not all a one way street from what I've heard.

Don't think we'll ever get into SL but looking forward to the derbies again once you get promotion from Champ1 ;)

#76 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

Kenny what we should do is the same as Bradford, spend money we don't have, go into admin and get bailed out by the RFL. guaranteed license.

#77 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

importantly why they haven't chased him for the money he allegedly owes them?

Why would any successful business man owe money to a club they have been principal sponsor to? unless of course he's not honoured his contract

Posted Image

#78 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

Kenny what we should do is the same as Bradford, spend money we don't have, go into admin and get bailed out by the RFL. guaranteed license.

Almost - but don;t forget we need the RFL to buy our ground first to protect that asset

Posted Image

#79 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

Almost - but don;t forget we need the RFL to buy our ground first to protect that asset

maybe they could then build a supermarket on it lol

#80 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

Why would any successful business man owe money to a club they have been principal sponsor to? unless of course he's not honoured his contract

So why not sue him for breach of contract?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users