Whitebank

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

Before i start this is not a pop at our near neighbours, who we would be a lot less off without.

The forecast is not good for Sunday (Cold & Rain)
I am trying to gather with the weather in mind and the current facilities and pitch view at Whitebank. How many Hornets fans simply do not consider travelling down the A627M to watch the lads due to these reasons?
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#2 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

Just bring a step trainer with you and you may be able to see over the front row brollies on the Whitebank road side of the pitch, hope the stewards let you in with it!

Improvements to the ground are under consideration....

what this means to the average loyal fan is extremely difficult to ascertain....

#3 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 778 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

I will be there what ever the weather.
There can be only so long they can carry on to play at Whitebank before the RFL says no more.The facilities are poor for the viewing of the match and they must stop a lot of fans both home and away from attending matches
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#4 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

I will be there what ever the weather.
There can be only so long they can carry on to play at Whitebank before the RFL says no more.The facilities are poor for the viewing of the match and they must stop a lot of fans both home and away from attending matches

My point exactly BoroHornet, i will say it again, this isnt an Oldham bashing thread, but i was without hesitation going on Sunday to support our lads, then i checked the weather and found myself questioning whether to go or not.

Its a real shame, i would hate to be an Oldham fan as i would have probably given up going by now if i was, at least we only have to go 2-3 times a season.
Im pretty certain i will be there, if only to support the lads on Sunday. Ill just make sure i take an orange crate to stand on, and some waterproof gear and a flask.

I just wanted to gauge how other Hornets felt, it must come into there descision making on the day.
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#5 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 991 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

I don't think I'll be going, I can't stand for that long and it looks unlikely Hornets fans will be allowed to transfer to the seated area as its reserved for Biffs season ticket holders.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#6 D1029

D1029
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

If you position in Base Camp at the bottom of the slope its 10 Degrees warmer

#7 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 778 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

The place to be this afternoon is Whitebank wrap up warm and get over
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#8 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 691 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

Mr Pooing Dog

Away supporters do manage to get seats in the "stand" ! The seats are not all reserved for Season Ticket holders.

It will be cold and windy tho!

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#9 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

It will be cold and windy tho!

No extra charge...enjoy the game! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users