Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Matchday tickets for neutral fans

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Cockney4league

Cockney4league
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

As a league fan who has spent his whole life in London I have only ever been to the stoop to see games. Me and my mates have been to 4 matches and each time the scores have been a blow out. We would love to see a close game between 2 of the top teams and with Londons current position in the table we feel we will have to come up north to see a top game. If we chose a game at say headingly, DW or Haliwell Jones, are we able to buy tickets if we are not members or fans of the 2 teams that would be playing. Some guidance would be greatly received.

We all grew up playing football none of us have ever played a game of rugby but we have all switched to watching SuperLeague. We would just like to see a tight game with a great atmosphere.

#2 brooza

brooza
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

At Headingley, you don't need to be a paying member etc, you just have to register on their ticketing website (for advance tickets) - Or you can buy over the phone - or pay on the door

Edited by brooza, 08 March 2013 - 09:26 AM.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,977 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

Good Friday would be the best bet, take in a derby game and it's (presumably) a Bank Holiday.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

For the vast majority of Clubs,just turn up on the day and pay at the turnstyles.Obviously,its a little cheaper to buy in advance,over the phone/ticket system.Pick a weekend with a decent game on the friday night and perhaps another on the sunday afternoon.Easy enough to book a hotel in Leeds/Manchester for the weekend or if you are from Barnes,try Harrogate/Wilmslow!

#5 Cockney4league

Cockney4league
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

Thanks for the advice, def not from Barnes, we are North London boys a travelodge in Leeds or Manchester would suit us perfectly. I will have a look at the fixtures. 2 games in the weekend would be great.

#6 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,977 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

Odsal is magical... :D

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#7 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

Odsal is magical... :D

He asked for a close game with atmosphere ;)

#8 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,458 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

Thanks for the advice, def not from Barnes, we are North London boys a travelodge in Leeds or Manchester would suit us perfectly.

Travel Inns are better. There's always a pub next door. ;)
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#9 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,977 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

The best teams and most likely to have a close high quality game are Leeds,Wigan,Wire and Hudds and Catalan. If you are after a top atmosphere as well you might as well take Catalans out unless you want to go to France. Hudds don't get massive crowds either so you could take them out. Out of the remaining three Wigan v Wire have a massive rivalry with a real edge to it and as a neutral it would be my choice. Out of the rest of the teams in the league you be looking at derbies. Saints v Wigan is still a great game with a cracking atmosphere even though saints squad is a bit behind the Wigan one.

#10 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,977 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

Good Friday would be the best bet, take in a derby game and it's (presumably) a Bank Holiday.

Yeah that's the best time to do something like this. On the Thursday you could watch Leeds v Bradford. Then on the Friday you cou take you pick of either Saints v Wigan or the hull derby. If they then wanted to stay on till Monday they could watch their own team at Wire.

#11 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,547 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

For a match with a bit of atmosphere ty to get tickets for the Hull derby. It's similar to West Ham v Millwall without the violence.

Edited by deluded pom?, 08 March 2013 - 12:17 PM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#12 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

As a league fan who has spent his whole life in London I have only ever been to the stoop to see games. Me and my mates have been to 4 matches and each time the scores have been a blow out. We would love to see a close game between 2 of the top teams and with Londons current position in the table we feel we will have to come up north to see a top game. If we chose a game at say headingly, DW or Haliwell Jones, are we able to buy tickets if we are not members or fans of the 2 teams that would be playing. Some guidance would be greatly received.

We all grew up playing football none of us have ever played a game of rugby but we have all switched to watching SuperLeague. We would just like to see a tight game with a great atmosphere.

come to a championship game - its cheaper than super league and arguably far more entertaining most weeks.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#13 Bazz

Bazz
  • Coach
  • 285 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

Travel Inns are better. There's always a pub next door. ;)

I stayed at the Vicar Lane Travelodge in Leeds a few weeks ago and it was fine and within 10 minutes walk of scores of pubs.

#14 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

For games at the Halliwell Jones, the tickets are always on General Sale, as Season Tickets have already been sold.

http://shop.warringt...87/Tickets.aspx

Personally I'd recommend getting along to the Magic Weekend and you'll see plenty of great games in a brilliant stadium!

#15 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

You could squeeze into the crowd at Huddersfield. ;)

Tickets are cheaper when bought in advance.

The Slubbers Arms is good for pre-game beers.

#16 Cockney4league

Cockney4league
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

Thanks for all the advice. Its just a shame that the Broncoes can't seem to provide us with a competative game whenever we have been. But it will be great to experiance the game with a fairly full stadium and 2 top sides. Looks like we have got 6 of us going. 2 have not been to a match before so hopefully a few converts to your great game.

I think the Easter Weekend will be a great shout for us.

#17 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,977 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

Thanks for all the advice. Its just a shame that the Broncoes can't seem to provide us with a competative game whenever we have been. But it will be great to experiance the game with a fairly full stadium and 2 top sides. Looks like we have got 6 of us going. 2 have not been to a match before so hopefully a few converts to your great game.

I think the Easter Weekend will be a great shout for us.

I didn't want to presume you weren't working Good Friday, like any proper league fan! :P

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#18 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

For the wives,both Leeds and Manchester are very good for shopping and/or try a quick drive/train through to the Yorks Dales - via Skipton.

#19 Cockney4league

Cockney4league
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

No wives were all in our early to mid 20's we will be hitting the city centre in the evenings

#20 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,661 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

Why not plan a trip to Magic weekend, there you can see some good games, and there is always a surprise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users