Getting more Support

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 RugbyFann

RugbyFann
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Have seen the recent posts regarding poor attendance at the home games and was thinking of a way to increase interest with Rhinos supporters and work with the dual reg system rather than some moaning about it.

What would peoples thoughts be to the league organising 1 or 2 curtain raisers where Hunslet play before Rhinos at Headingley during the season. Before you come back with loss of earnings etc, I'm sure if it happened there would be an agreed fee organised or whatever, so take that out of the equation. It would mean a larger crowd probably from Kick off and then from half time or so you are talking up many more than would normally watch Hunslet. If only a small % thought ' oh yeah not bad, I might jsut get down to SLS for a couple more games' then it could increase the crowds at SLS quite a bit. This would seem a good time to try this with the part interest in hunslet with dual reg situation from Rhinos anyway.

Please discuss.

#2 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,514 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Are you seriously suggesting we play some home games at Headingley?How much flack would we get about Bramley doing the same and then going under, i can take DR because everyone has been hitting the loan system for years but if we ever played home games at Headingley then i wouldnt be there
Posted Image

#3 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

Have seen the recent posts regarding poor attendance at the home games and was thinking of a way to increase interest with Rhinos supporters and work with the dual reg system rather than some moaning about it.

What would peoples thoughts be to the league organising 1 or 2 curtain raisers where Hunslet play before Rhinos at Headingley during the season. Before you come back with loss of earnings etc, I'm sure if it happened there would be an agreed fee organised or whatever, so take that out of the equation. It would mean a larger crowd probably from Kick off and then from half time or so you are talking up many more than would normally watch Hunslet. If only a small % thought ' oh yeah not bad, I might jsut get down to SLS for a couple more games' then it could increase the crowds at SLS quite a bit. This would seem a good time to try this with the part interest in hunslet with dual reg situation from Rhinos anyway.

Please discuss.

Good idea BUT ....
Do you not think that then you would become more of a reserve side than a partnership ??

If game are at SLS then it is hunslet ?

#4 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

Terrible idea in my opinion, taking some players on dual reg has allienated some of our hardcore fan base, playing games at headingley would probobly kill it off

I know we played a challenge cup game there, but moving regular season home league games, I certainly wouldn't go, you might get a few more Rhinos but I reckon you'd lose more Huns fans, not worth it in my opinion

#5 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

Terrible idea in my opinion, taking some players on dual reg has allienated some of our hardcore fan base, playing games at headingley would probobly kill it off

I know we played a challenge cup game there, but moving regular season home league games, I certainly wouldn't go, you might get a few more Rhinos but I reckon you'd lose more Huns fans, not worth it in my opinion

And they charged us big time to play that Challange Cup game there........

#6 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

Please discuss.

I'd rather go to Afghanistan
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#7 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

One idea that might be worth a go is to take the Lazenby Cup to Headingley one year. Back in the "oldern days" the Lazenby Cup used to be played alternately at Parkside and Headingley, so no real breaking with tradition required there.

#8 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,514 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

Thats a good idea about the Lazenby Cup
Posted Image

#9 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

Thats a good idea about the Lazenby Cup

The thing with it being played at the SLS is that we got all the gate , bar takings and everything else ect , that was the agreement by Leeds and Hunslet..............

#10 RugbyFann

RugbyFann
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Ok so there are some that care more about what others think about the idea rather than what it could help to do. I would think with headingley and SLS probably being the closest partnership (in terms of distance) then it would be worth a go. I can see why people are sceptical about the whole dual reg and partnerships, especially if it last only 1/2 years but if not then it needs to be supported and narrow minded people should stop thinking the super league is out to get their club. In truth, without dual reg this season Hunslet would be struggling like last season. You can only try to improve the fan base by doing something different than before. Hopefully the new pricing structure nad half price offer to Rhinos ST holders is bearing fruit, but there is more that could be tried.

#11 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

Ok so there are some that care more about what others think about the idea rather than what it could help to do. I would think with headingley and SLS probably being the closest partnership (in terms of distance) then it would be worth a go. I can see why people are sceptical about the whole dual reg and partnerships, especially if it last only 1/2 years but if not then it needs to be supported and narrow minded people should stop thinking the super league is out to get their club. In truth, without dual reg this season Hunslet would be struggling like last season. You can only try to improve the fan base by doing something different than before. Hopefully the new pricing structure nad half price offer to Rhinos ST holders is bearing fruit, but there is more that could be tried.

Thanks for that
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#12 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

I think it's a good idea, as long as Hunslet got some money out of it.

#13 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

One idea that might be worth a go is to take the Lazenby Cup to Headingley one year. Back in the "oldern days" the Lazenby Cup used to be played alternately at Parkside and Headingley, so no real breaking with tradition required there.

I would deffo like to see the side we have now which includes the D/R lads take on the rhinos first team for the Lazenby cup just to bring both sets of supporters together maybe a curtain raiser with either females or juniors teams
chappy

#14 Penola

Penola
  • 610 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

It would be the end for me. Happy to go along with DR if everyone else is doing it. My grandad would turn in his grave. My dad wouldn't go, my brother wouldn't go. This isn't narrow-mindedness it's the truth. I am sure that Tranmere Rovers would not want to start playing their game at AnfIeld. Think of it like that

#15 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

This has got to be a wind up. If not, thanks for thinking outside the box but it's a bit too outside for me.

All our gates are up on last season, or when we last played the team involved. That's after only 2 wins. The game on Sunday was as good as we've played for a while, performances like that will get the fans in.

The main thing we, the fans, can do is just bring someone new to a game. It was easier said than done last season when we were getting beat every week, but the improvement this year is there for all to see.

Good performances, good pricing policy. no excuse.

It's time for the for the armchair fans to make an appearance.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#16 St Domingos

St Domingos
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

Your Gary Hetherington and I claim my £10 :rolleyes:

I still remember when we were all amateurs, working together for the good of the game - for no pay!!!

#17 pooliehawk

pooliehawk
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

I for one would never ever step foot in there unless we was playing them lot in a cup match.

I understand the idea, but we might as well give up if we start playing our games before there game, thanks but no thanks

#18 RugbyFann

RugbyFann
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Yeah thinking outside the box and guess I don't understand the long term feelings like some, am a rhinos fan first so that's probably why. Was just something to discuss, hoping for a win Sunday then to keep the support up and progress going on the league.

#19 firebasher

firebasher
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

Looks as though your first team are getting a bit of a tonking tonight !

#20 RugbyFann

RugbyFann
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

They've been well beaten tonight, too many mistakes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users