Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Getting more Support

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#21 RugbyFann

RugbyFann
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

They've been well beaten tonight, too many mistakes!

#22 Penola

Penola
  • 600 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

Yeah thinking outside the box and guess I don't understand the long term feelings like some, am a rhinos fan first so that's probably why. Was just something to discuss, hoping for a win Sunday then to keep the support up and progress going on the league.

Fair does for a genuine idea. Our club is as old as Leeds and we are proud of our history. People either forget or are too young to know what Hunslet were. It is a crying shame where we are now but we keep on going. So We Shall Again. How old are you Rugby Fann by the way?

#23 hunslets iggy pop

hunslets iggy pop
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

Looks as though your first team are getting a bit of a tonking tonight !

Don't worry about that firebasher , Whiteaven will get one on Sunday.

#24 RugbyFann

RugbyFann
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

Why just turned 30 but feeling 21 ha ha.

#25 Penola

Penola
  • 600 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

Why just turned 30 but feeling 21 ha ha.

Just wondered if you knew what Hunslet means to our fans. We may sound like we are cutting off our noses to spite our faces but Leeds fans who are have say not reached 25-30 may not understand that for 80 years we used to be big city rivals. I remember when we got promoted to the first division in the 80s and the cover of Open Rugby showed David Gillespie (our Aussie test player) arm wrestling with a Leeds player under the headline "A tale of one city"!

I don't want to sound patronising but the younger generation will probably not know this and will see Hunslet as a small amateur club. Unfortunately the RL ruined our aspirations along with other clubs and we have lost a huge amount of our fans base over the past 13 years. Combine this with how successful Leeds have been and you will understand how downtrodden we feel but we keep going with a few hundred at each game. Hopefully although your intentions are good, you will understand why we would never entertain playing at Headingley

Edited by Penola, 09 March 2013 - 10:28 AM.

#26 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

Brilliantly put penola. Hunslet means a hell of a lot to it's fans although there may not be loads of us

#27 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

me. i would never go at watch hunslet play home games over river.

and i reckon most of our support would feel the same
hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

#28 Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Just wondered if you knew what Hunslet means to our fans. We may sound like we are cutting off our noses to spite our faces but Leeds fans who are have say not reached 25-30 may not understand that for 80 years we used to be big city rivals. I remember when we got promoted to the first division in the 80s and the cover of Open Rugby showed David Gillespie (our Aussie test player) arm wrestling with a Leeds player under the headline "A tale of one city"!

I don't want to sound patronising but the younger generation will probably not know this and will see Hunslet as a small amateur club. Unfortunately the RL ruined our aspirations along with other clubs and we have lost a huge amount of our fans base over the past 13 years. Combine this with how successful Leeds have been and you will understand how downtrodden we feel but we keep going with a few hundred at each game. Hopefully although your intentions are good, you will understand why we would never entertain playing at Headingley

Peter Tunks was the Leeds player.

Hawkeye
Posted Image

#29 RugbyFann

RugbyFann
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

Fair enough, like I said I don't know the full history, never believed i did, but it was a genuine idea, that I thought might help to build more support for the future. Anyway we can just let this be the last post and it'll drop away into the abyss in the next week or two :-)

#30 RobinHoodHawk

RobinHoodHawk
  • Coach
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

There is so much more to it than that !!!

It's a shame too many RECENT Humslet fans have now turned their backs on the bullying and false representation of so few .

This is an appalling move and state of affairs .

When Leigh announce their duals and Such as Doncaster do the same it is a shame that it is fuelled By the 'blind Hunslet power' at this moment in time

Get real , stop frightening people and get a grip cos this is all going the 'Bramley' way

#31 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

can we have that in english?

#32 Penola

Penola
  • 600 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

It's a shame too many RECENT Humslet fans have now turned their backs on the bullying and false representation of so few .

When Leigh announce their duals and Such as Doncaster do the same it is a shame that it is fuelled By the 'blind Hunslet power' at this moment in time

Get real , stop frightening people and get a grip cos this is all going the 'Bramley' way

I don't understand mate

#33 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

I don't understand mate

I think he's trying to say it will all end in tears with Hunslet vanishing,like Bramley did.
I have a degree in translating hysterics..
Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#34 RobinHoodHawk

RobinHoodHawk
  • Coach
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

'We are doing very well ' with the help of the rhinos - who dictate 'who what and when' you get the players .

Can't say they were queuing up to play at Leigh !

Hunslet and Swinton are getting themselves in a position where they are Being out landed by the rest - it is very much like a bad position where the Hawks are being duped by the powers at the other side of the river. Hated by their fellow clubs.

What will happen when they exceed the expected 'ten' wins which then causes financial problems ???

Lots to be considered here and you shouldn't be duped by the "well it's within the rules so we have to do it " attitudes that prevail !!

No you don't .
It's distorting the competition and upsetting players who have been loyal to the club over recent years including the guys who did a full pre season - for what ??

Get real and think about it ! Have the gates really gone up ?? Are Hunslet really benefitting ??? .

#35 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 874 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

Phwww, here we go again, the "impossible" topic, I'll join in this one tomorrow (again) ...

#36 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

Simon wind your neck in!!! You'll end up drowning in your own bitterness
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#37 HK Hawk

HK Hawk
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

A lot of generic statements RobinHood but very few facts. Which players who has done a full pre season is not happy? Those who have picked up 3 lots of wining pay as opposed to 2 lots last season?

Where did anyone say DR would improve attendances? As far as I'm aware, and have read, DR is about staying up. Increased attendances by getting a few extra from the rhinos is a bonus. The RL (or SL's whichever way you look at it) decision to introduce it is theirs.

I don't see that anything now is anything different to what was promised previously. Attendances are ###### = expected, we are battling for wins = expected, we have no money = expected. The club may not have solved these in one season however serious attempts are being made to correct these problems. Something that has been missing for years.

No one has the answer the answer to the attendance problem but hopefully, in time, the good work being done now will pay off and lead to new and old fans attending games.

#38 RobinHoodHawk

RobinHoodHawk
  • Coach
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Smell the coffee Macca and stop following eh ?
Think for yourself - get back to a level playing field and stop making these 'Headingley heroes' into Hunslet martyrs ... Kleinhorst - best centre in Hunslet history - get real eh ???
Time to question what you're being dictated ??

#39 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

Of maybe I could be bitter cause I didn't get 40k a year that I wanted to be on the board. GET REAL SIMON
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#40 RobinHoodHawk

RobinHoodHawk
  • Coach
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

How many people have you bullied off this forum - plenty who don't even participate anymore ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users