Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Getting more Support

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#41 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

'We are doing very well ' with the help of the rhinos - who dictate 'who what and when' you get the players .

Leeds obviously have first call on the players, but they have one of the most stable team selections in the league, so baring 5/6 injuries in one game then hunslet are likely to have most of the same players again.

Can't say they were queuing up to play at Leigh !

who weren't queuing up?

Hunslet and Swinton are getting themselves in a position where they are Being out landed by the rest - it is very much like a bad position where the Hawks are being duped by the powers at the other side of the river. Hated by their fellow clubs.

how do you figure that one? all teams agreed to the situation at the start of the year, the only issue is now that 3/4 teams are moaning because they're having to work harder for wins rather than just turning up for half the games. i expect that the moaning clubs didn't think that super league clubs would allow so many talented players to be playing regularly in the championship

What will happen when they exceed the expected 'ten' wins which then causes financial problems ???

i'm sure the club will be working on the figures all the time

It's distorting the competition and upsetting players who have been loyal to the club over recent years including the guys who did a full pre season - for what ??

its making the competition better. sport is about winning and being the best team, players learn from an early age that the best 17 players get picked to play on sundays, the guys who aren't getting picked at the minute need to work harder in training and wait their chance, either from a drop in form of someone else or an injury. As for hunslet's squad, has anyone not had a chance who wasn't/isn't injured?

Get real and think about it ! Have the gates really gone up ?? Are Hunslet really benefitting ??? .

yes and yes.
If you want one of the biggest benefits, just look at the level that some of our players are now playing at, never in a million years would anyone have backed helliwell to be the player of the round last year, but with the skill around him and the people competing for his place, he's up his game 10 fold

#42 RobinHoodHawk

RobinHoodHawk
  • Coach
  • 568 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

You are being well and truly duped by the thinks here and that is the subject so stop changing it eh ?
The teams who got promoted have the same pool of players to choose from and accept their position and get on with it.
Swinton claim they have their better players signed by stronger clubs . What is Hunslet's excuse ??
Get real and play by rules that aren't being made up as they go along ??

Brian Mc thinks he has a Devine right to play who HE wants !!

#43 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,420 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

You are being well and truly duped by the thinks here and that is the subject so stop changing it eh ?
The teams who got promoted have the same pool of players to choose from and accept their position and get on with it.
Swinton claim they have their better players signed by stronger clubs . What is Hunslet's excuse ??

And you know that how?
Are you part of the Leeds or Hunslet coaching staff.
You don't have a clue.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 10 March 2013 - 09:33 PM.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#44 RobinHoodHawk

RobinHoodHawk
  • Coach
  • 568 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Listen to the radio and his interviews ???

#45 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,420 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Listen to the radio and his interviews ???

Even better,you tell me.
I've never heard him say he had a divine right to play who he wants.

#46 RobinHoodHawk

RobinHoodHawk
  • Coach
  • 568 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

Funnily enough - I did !

You want dates and times ???

All around Kylie Leulai ' incident ' ??

#47 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,420 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Funnily enough - I did !

You want dates and times ???

All around Kylie Leulai ' incident ' ??

Go on then,you might as well.
You are still clueless though.

#48 HawkhillHawk

HawkhillHawk
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Doesn't any coach have the Devine right to play any member of his squad?

#49 RobinHoodHawk

RobinHoodHawk
  • Coach
  • 568 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

Yeah but not for another team - surely ??
It just ends up chaotic ???

#50 HawkhillHawk

HawkhillHawk
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Well I guess the only person who can tell us wether that's the case is Barry Eaton and that's not likely is it! If any of the Rhinos lads were having a stinker and still getting picked then we'd all be jumping up and down about it! The fact is they're bringing something extra allowing the likes of Helliwell, Yates, Menzies etc etc to show more of what they can do!
If in a years time DR isn't there then we'll have to see where that leaves us but for now survival is key.

#51 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

I Will say this. Hunslet are at the moment being run better than at any time i can remember. Too much is being made of this dual reg agreement mostly by people who want to see us fail for their own personal gratification. These people don't come to games but spout off on here as though they do. I am not a fan of dual reg but while its here we MUST use it. Relagation would see us fold i am sure of it. I would rather do what we are doing rather than fold. GET BEHIND YOUR TEAM RATHER THAN HAMMERING THE NAILS IN THE COFFIN

#52 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,492 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Spot on Sgt Pepper
Posted Image

#53 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

How many people have you bullied off this forum - plenty who don't even participate anymore ?

But I didn't try getting 40k a year out of a club with no money did I pal. Wind your neck in
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#54 Penola

Penola
  • 608 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Yeah but not for another team - surely ??
It just ends up chaotic ???

Simon. If you and others like Superman and Maisey started coming back to games it would benefit the club. How can you just not bother anymore? It's beyond me

#55 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Well said penola. Won't come to games but will slag off the very hard work being done by the club

#56 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

again can we have that in english?

the same teams have mostly signed up to partnerships? tommy makinson (40+ games of super league, played in at least 1 grand final) played for haven today, was anyone moaning from hunslet that they were playing against a grand final player?

no excuse is needed

the rules were set before the season, everyone was aware of them. maybe the moaners should get real and life with what they agreed too!

and just a thought for the fev/fax/shef fans, if you were in superleague this year bet your club would be signed up for a partnership

would love you to dig out a quote for this!

Edited by noname6, 11 March 2013 - 01:47 AM.

#57 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

Just saddens me to see people make fools of themselves on here if Hunslet were getting beat 50 nil every week would these people be piping up I think not the board made a big decision and so far it has paid off let's face facts we are not in a place to be turning down the calibre of players we are getting and despite what people say about dual reg not one has looked like they don't want to be playing for Hunslet to me certain individuals on this topic are not liking fact the club is doing great things in the community doing fairly well on the pitch and so is using the dual reg saga to try unsettle everyone
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#58 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

And so say all of us

#59 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

Pity the attendance was only 375. If Haven brought 25, that means we could only attract 350 of our own speccies. We might as well shut the gates and throw the key away. I know it was a cold day, but even so, we should attract 750 for Whitehaven and 1,000 for local derbies.
It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#60 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

Pity the attendance was only 375. If Haven brought 25, that means we could only attract 350 of our own speccies. We might as well shut the gates and throw the key away. I know it was a cold day, but even so, we should attract 750 for Whitehaven and 1,000 for local derbies.

Attendances are a worry, i didn't make the game Sunday for family commitments with it been Mothers day, and i'm sure a lot of other people will have had that scenario, plus it was freezing.

We did give the SLA academy 400 voucher tickets for the game, i'm told only 7 were used, so its hard, we just need to keep trying.

The game was only £12 admission, lowest in our division, so its case of how cheap do people want it to be, but we've all said it, if it was FREE people still wouldn't leave the clubs and pubs of South Leeds to come and watch!

But we cant give up, the product on the pitch is the best we've had for some years and deserves more support.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"