Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Getting more Support

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#101 Leeds17

Leeds17
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

Would 10000 people watching the last 20 mins of a Hunslet game be a bad thing, you wouldn't want to do it all the time, but once or twice may cause a lot of people to realise that the standard of the championship is actually very high and has one of the most level playing fields. This may change their attitude to coming to Hunslet on a Sunday, just reading their forum and its very easy to see that not many on there think a great deal about Hunslet or the level of rugby! Comments like 'send Vickery to learn a place at Hunslet' sum it up, they clearly have no idea that he wouldn't get into Hunslets team - he'd be a long were down the list for both wing & fullback, and the championship isn't the place for someone to learn a completely new position.

I couldn't agree with you more!!!!

The stark reality is that you would lose x% of Hunslet fans (Hardcore) that will not accept it, let alone step foot inside Headingley!

Money talks in today's world unfortunately and fans seeing the last 20 mins of a game before the main event which is what they've gone to see will not persude them to give up 3 hours and £12+ on a Sunday afternoon.

Even as a Rhinos fan I would still love to go see Hawks home and away all season but like MOST others, mortgage, 50hr week job, partner and child etc to juggle it's a fact that even someone like myself will only be able to go half a dozen times a season!

I guarentee you that the 30/40 Rhinos fans I know will not go and see Hunslet even if I paid them in! It goes beyond money so watching them at Headingley as you say 'once or twice' will not make any difference.

It would only drop attendances further!

#102 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

Its never going to happen anyway so its pointless debate.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#103 hunslets iggy pop

hunslets iggy pop
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

What if we gave the same offer to Leeds Utd fans as the Rhinos have , with regards to the cheap Hunslet season tickets.
Just an idea. Maybe next season then?

#104 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

What if we gave the same offer to Leeds Utd fans as the Rhinos have , with regards to the cheap Hunslet season tickets.
Just an idea. Maybe next season then?

Good idea

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#105 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

terrific idea
Posted Image

#106 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

I've just come in from a night out so apologies for any mis spellings or ranting tone but....

Every single home league match this season is up on the previous match against the same opposition.

After last season why do we expect fans to return in droves after a few good results. It will take time.

The facts are we do not need 2000 fans to keep our great club alive. 800 to 1000 will see us not only survive but prosper at this level.

That said my involvement with the club is not to about scratting round for the bones left over by the elite, but to keep us in the game until things change.

South Leeds is developing all the time, more houses and more money coming into the area. The guys running the club are making every effort to tap into this. All this negativity makes their job twice as hard.

So let's have a bit more positivity around the club:

1. Best 17 in a Hunslet shirt for a few years ( all within the rules)
2. Best marketing of the club for many a year - engagement with the community never as good.
3. Pricing policy to recognize the economic climate.

So what's missing?

What's missing is the 350 diehards realizing that this is the moment in history when they have to stand up and be counted.

Sheffield on Sunday - bring a friend - 700 gate and optimism will abound.

We swept the seas before boys and so we shall again.

Believe.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#107 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

I'm not a Hunslet fan obviously but randomly on my way to work this morning and looked out of the window to notice one of the 'Your Club Needs You' banners pinned up on the Holbeck flyover. Looks really good guys, and draws people to it.

One suggestion I'd make though is perhaps to have another banner next to it of the same size, with details of the next Hawks home fixture in.

Keep up the good work lads anyway. Hopefully see a good few of you at the Mount next Friday.

#108 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

I'm not a Hunslet fan obviously but randomly on my way to work this morning and looked out of the window to notice one of the 'Your Club Needs You' banners pinned up on the Holbeck flyover. Looks really good guys, and draws people to it.

One suggestion I'd make though is perhaps to have another banner next to it of the same size, with details of the next Hawks home fixture in.

Keep up the good work lads anyway. Hopefully see a good few of you at the Mount next Friday.

I'll be there nick, few beers???
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#109 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

I'll be there nick, few beers???

Cant wait for the trip to the Mount!

#110 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

Sounds like a plan to me Macca

#111 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

Sounds like a plan to me Macca

We're going round batley for a few after game if you fancy it mate. Might even take in the sights of legends haha how's the shoulder?
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#112 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

I may join you mate. Bradford Road isn't too bad really, cheap and cheerful! And you can't beat a bit of Billy Ocean in Leg-ends!

A tad sore, but will be right. It's popped out more times than I've changed my socks in the last 4 years so kind of used to it now!

Hope alls well with you matey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users