Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dual Reg U-Turn

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

Looking very likely according to Chairman in today's Evening Mail. Who with? Wigan???

Posted Image

#2 gary high

gary high
  • Coach
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

The added competition for places might just be the motivation required to spur the players on.

#3 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 518 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

Wigan and Huddersfield interested in loaning players from what I hear?
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#4 ANDO

ANDO
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

I think your title of this thread is a bit misleading Baaarrow.
I'm pretty sure the club will be looking for Loan signings only.

Edited by ANDO, 08 March 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#5 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

Wigan and Huddersfield interested in loaning players from what I hear?
[/quote

Looking very likely according to Chairman in today's Evening Mail. Who with? Wigan???

And it s kettle calling frying pan grimy ar*e CC1 was looming so much for independence or bust.
chappy

#6 Walney Bill

Walney Bill
  • Players
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

I think your title of this thread is a bit misleading Baaarrow.
I'm pretty sure the club will be looking for Loan signings only.

Very mis-leading I would say.
Holty has already said in the mail he's looking at potential loan players.
Nothing about Dual Reg!

#7 Appleman

Appleman
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

Here's the story and what David Sharpe said about dual-reg:

http://www.nwemail.c...ferrerPath=home
Ever alert for the call to Craven Park

#8 ANDO

ANDO
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

I apologise Baaarrow, after reading the article, they are possibly looking at going down the Duel Reg route!
I wonder if this is what caused the split in the Board of Directors?

#9 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

I don't think the barrow fans would welcome dual reg link up at all. Especially after labelling us as workington vikings.

#10 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

Realistically it's probably the only route we have to remain competitive. I don't like the new DR system, however I thought the old system where we can request a loan player or DR from a SL club gave us the option of strengthening where it was needed and covering injured players. This season it's about strengthening where we are weak and, I hope keeping our independence in relation to who plays and when. I hope we can swallow our pride and get back to an even keel with other clubs but not at the expense of becoming a SL second team.
The board and Holty are not stupid and would only agree to something that was not detrimental to the squad.

Edited by soss, 08 March 2013 - 05:44 PM.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#11 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Wouldn't welcome a formal dual registration partnership. Would welcome signing loan deals in which we have players for certain periods in which they can't be recalled. Also they should be under 23. I'd think twice about attending a game if we became a reserve side.

#12 UnclesUndies

UnclesUndies
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

I don't think the barrow fans would welcome dual reg link up at all. Especially after labelling us as workington vikings.

This one would welcome s DR link up, its about staying in the division.

Quite simple for me, stick with the existing squad, watch the gate tumble and get relegated having wasted thousands on floodlights that will probably never get used in CC1, or bring in some SL DR players to compliment the better performers in the current squad and be competitive.

Featherstone don't need any DR additions to a squad that would hold it's own in SL better than the Raiders can do in the Championship. Sheffield, Halifax & Leigh all have strong squads that will fill 2nd, 3rd & 4th positions (in no particular order) come the end of the season so for their own reasons have chosen not to go the DR route.

#13 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

non of the teams not going down the duel reg road were promoted. all teams accept us have, i dont like it to be honest but as said above, gates and performances of the team need to be adressed.dont stick our heads in the sand because a few more games down the road and a challenge cup game not far away it might be to late.

#14 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

I would take Ryan Shaw back , but we must stay with under 23s don,t want go the way off Swinton ect

#15 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

cant see any hudd players coming with the restictions their put on us over their players :( :( :(

#16 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

It's gotta be done or the future is most definitely bleak.

Posted Image

#17 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

we played worky and got beat comprehensively, and they only had one DR player because there best winger is injured,

my opinion is that we have not recruited well enough end of!

holty(and the club) will look like clowns if we do go down the DR route as they have stated adamantly in the press that this is not an option.

Edited by shun, 08 March 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#18 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

Why would it be a disaster if we got relegated? We'd go straight back up if we did. We could have an entire South Cumbria based squad and go straight back up. I'd say the average number of away fans in CC1 last year was 75, so we won't be missing out on much there. We'd pay half as much on wages, fair enough more travelling but I'd imagine we'd get more floating fans in due to winning games. I highly doubt the club would go under if we went down, it would take some financial recalculations but we'd likely be fine. We own our own ground, we have an ameteur game which produces enough players to comfortably win CC1, we've got the right people in charge. We arn't forced to go into a partnership, we're more sustainable than most CC clubs.

#19 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

Why would it be a disaster if we got relegated? We'd go straight back up if we did. We could have an entire South Cumbria based squad and go straight back up. I'd say the average number of away fans in CC1 last year was 75, so we won't be missing out on much there. We'd pay half as much on wages, fair enough more travelling but I'd imagine we'd get more floating fans in due to winning games. I highly doubt the club would go under if we went down, it would take some financial recalculations but we'd likely be fine. We own our own ground, we have an ameteur game which produces enough players to comfortably win CC1, we've got the right people in charge. We arn't forced to go into a partnership, we're more sustainable than most CC clubs.

Agree!!!!

#20 walneyboy

walneyboy
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

without a doubt the biggest pile of rancid dogs faeces i've seen written on here. if barrow get relegated it'll be an absolute disaster fir the club and in my opinion will be the start of the end of professional rugby in the town.
You,barrowraiderskid are mental!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users