Dual Reg U-Turn

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

Used sensibly the DR system can benefit clubs like town and barrow. If the system is over used i think it is wrong and we all know who are the culprits of that in this league. That is wrong. However as i say if used correctly it can be beneficial IMO. Can you rely on locals only to stay in this league is the big question.

#62 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

Used sensibly the DR system can benefit clubs like town and barrow. If the system is over used i think it is wrong and we all know who are the culprits of that in this league. That is wrong. However as i say if used correctly it can be beneficial IMO. Can you rely on locals only to stay in this league is the big question.

I agree, and most barrow fans have no problem with workington, my concern is, if teams start reducing there squads what path will young lads have, if all the teams in the championship reduced their squads by 5 that would take away 70 places,

Edited by alba, 15 March 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#63 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

I agree, and most barrow fans have no problem with workington, my concern is, if teams start reducing there squads what path will young lads have, if all the teams in the championship reduced their squads by 5 that would take away 70 places,

clubs should always use the majority of their own players and certainly not reduce their squads by 5 to accommodate DR's. however having the opportunity to bring some to your club in case of injuries or to strengthen key areas can only be good thing. On the other side allowing your squad to be used to give SL reserves game time is just wrong. I don't think any of us can afford to drop out of this league so is the DR such a bad thing if used properly

#64 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 880 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

As you said town4me, if its used for the right purposes, there's nothing wrong with it. But it should be nipped in the bud by the end of the season. For the likes of the CC1 clubs that might get promoted at the end of season, how will it work for them. As most of them are down south, how could they afford to have DR. With travelling expenses and probably putting players up over night, surely they couldn't afford that with the crowds they are getting.
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#65 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 374 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

As you said town4me, if its used for the right purposes, there's nothing wrong with it. But it should be nipped in the bud by the end of the season. For the likes of the CC1 clubs that might get promoted at the end of season, how will it work for them. As most of them are down south, how could they afford to have DR. With travelling expenses and probably putting players up over night, surely they couldn't afford that with the crowds they are getting.

Very good point about the southern teams. It's okay for Hunslet and the rest of the Yorkshire mob.

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#66 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

see today on swinton site that the warrington youth coach looks to have got the swinton first team coaches job , not confirmed yet. the fans aint happy tho. bad enough with duel regin with em and now having a performance monitor in charge of your feeder club.
only in rugby league this can happen. lol

#67 MABOWN

MABOWN
  • Coach
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

I've heard rumours that Lloyd Williams is coming On dual reg from barrow island, he would be a great addition to the squad adding size and pace

#68 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

I've heard rumours that Lloyd Williams is coming On dual reg from barrow island, he would be a great addition to the squad adding size and pace

agree with part of that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users