Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team for tomorrow

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 374 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

Ignoring the rock throwing for a minute.........I am sorry to see Andy Ballard leave - the club highlighted the value of his signing. I can remember the piece on the web page saying what a good signing for the club he would be.........so, regardless why he is leaving I think it is a loss to the club.

#22 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 901 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Ignoring the rock throwing for a minute.........I am sorry to see Andy Ballard leave - the club highlighted the value of his signing. I can remember the piece on the web page saying what a good signing for the club he would be.........so, regardless why he is leaving I think it is a loss to the club.

Wasn't calling the guy wayne_r, just stating what I knew and my opinion as to whether he gave us 100% whilst here. I actually thought he may have got over whatever reason he had and hoped he would carry on and show his true potential. I agree he is a loss to the club!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#23 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 374 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Hi Loyalion - I was referring to the "banter" that always ensues between PhilH and Marshy1 et al when I said rock throwing........:)

#24 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 901 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

No probs Wayne. I think the intention of my earlier post got a little misinterpreted!

#25 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Hi Loyalion - I was referring to the "banter" that always ensues between PhilH and Marshy1 et al when I said rock throwing........:)

Wayne I can honestly say no rocks have ever left my mitt....with my aim I would hit an innocent person.!!

#26 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

I've been hit by a fair few!

#27 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Whatever your opinion of Phil the forum would be a poorer place without him!

#28 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Its so much better without him...I have far more spare time.

#29 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

Haha I like it Mark

#30 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

Oh by the way chaps we had a game today at Halifax.

Match report now on website.

I await this weeks boring DR debate.

Riggy

#31 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Haha very sarcastic Riggy lol

#32 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Its so much better without him...I have far more spare time.

nobody has ever read a whole post, have they?
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#33 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

nobody has ever read a whole post, have they?

Certainly not him!

#34 wberry

wberry
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

Did we have a game yesterday? Lets not waste out time talking about philh!

Not a bad result YESTERDAY and another good bonus point, could have let it slip away big dug in and stay in the game, apart from the ref losing it for 20 mins in the first half we could of got more.

Ps. Philh who?

Wayne

#35 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

The saddest sign of the times is this string being started with an analysis of who Warrington left out of their first team.

That's not what Swinton Lions should be about in my view, but if you guys are happy to go along with being a glorified reserve team playing out of town and empty promise after empty promise on Agecroft that's your prerogative.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#36 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

The saddest sign of the times is this string being started with an analysis of who Warrington left out of their first team.

That's not what Swinton Lions should be about in my view, but if you guys are happy to go along with being a glorified reserve team playing out of town and empty promise after empty promise on Agecroft that's your prerogative.

I hear Leigh are in dire need of your business/rugby league acumen.
Time for you to return back to them before it is to late and stop wittering on about our team.

#37 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 901 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

I'm so sorry Phil. You are quite correct. I should have put a bag over my head, denied all knowledge of any partnership with another club and quickly walked into the door!
You have your views and I have mine which is why this is a forum. I simply asked the question "who do YOU think would play against Halifax" as I may have done at work or down the pub. Perhaps I should ask you before I post anything?

Just a quick heads up, we have access to certain players, we have players on the injury table and lads waiting to get their chance and hopefully take it with both hands! The Holliday brothers don't play for us any more, lads from 2 years ago have moved abroad or to pastures new and we don't play at Station Rd anymore. You may not know any of these FACTS seeing as you no longer SUPPORT the Lions. That is quite a sad occurrence and puts you firmly in the "I'll never go to Bury", "I'll have nothing to do with this club whilst Malcolm White is at it", "I'll never watch them at The Willows"etc etc gang, IN MY OPINION!
However I chose then and make the same choice now, which is to support MY team in whatever guise they take (whether I agree or not) until we return victoriously to M27.
I will walk there with my head held high, you can crawl there if you wish!

As you may tell I am a little miffed and you obviously have the right of reply, but don't bother on my account as I won't bother to read it!

#38 THE PIMPERNEL

THE PIMPERNEL
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

The people who have stuck by Swinton for the last twenty years deserve a knighthood, but blind loyalty can only go so far! There are a lot of things wrong with Rugby League in general of which one major one is that attendances for all clubs including Super League are falling year on year. People spend their leisure money and time in different ways nowadays and the Rugby League clubs need to recognise that! As for Swinton PhilH is right in one sense that Agecroft or elsewhere in the borough needs to happen sooner rather than later, but as for DR I feel that if one team uses it then Swinton would be mad not to! What it does for team loyalty and brand awareness is another matter, but if it stops the name of Swinton appearing in the Championship One fixtures for 2014 then it has done it's job because with the attendance figures of the Northern Rail Cup being an average of 302 yesterday then it doesn't bode well for the future of the game!

Edited by THE PIMPERNEL, 11 March 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#39 THE PIMPERNEL

THE PIMPERNEL
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Remarkable how far Sheffield have come when you think it was only 2006 when they beat us in the play off final to gain promotion.

And only eight years before that when they won the Challenge Cup!!!

#40 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 901 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

The people who have stuck by Swinton for the last twenty years deserve a knighthood, but blind loyalty can only go so far! There are a lot of things wrong with Rugby League in general of which one major one is that attendances for all clubs including Super League are falling year on year. People spend their leisure money and time in different ways nowadays and the Rugby League clubs need to recognise that! As for Swinton PhilH is right in one sense that Agecroft or elsewhere in the borough needs to happen sooner rather than later, but as for DR I feel that if one team uses it then Swinton would be mad not to! What it does for team loyalty and brand awareness is another matter, but if it stops the name of Swinton appearing in the Championship One fixtures for 2014 then it has done it's job because with the attendance figures of the Northern Rail Cup being an average of 302 yesterday then it doesn't bode well for the future of the game!

Quite right PIMPERNEL. I don't recall anyone on here saying that the D/R system is the best way forward or that LSV is the best location or even staying away from M27 will bring the crowds back but it's where we are at the moment and each week brings another game to attend (unless I'm bloomin working) and I was mistakenly under the illusion that people would discuss a thread and not continually hijack it for their own personal crusade, providing nothing helpful on certain issues (not aimed at you)!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users