TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Brian Noble in the frame for Salford role

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

Winning games pleases the crowds no matter what IMO which is what Salford need.

Is Sheens a realistic target?

this

#22 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

If smith left warrington I'd love nobby, have you seen his record??

He knows the game at levels, and a person who players respect.

I think Nobby has proven himself pretty creative in his recruitment in the past, like the Good Doctor has advocated getting more RU talent into the sport, and I am sure he would be able to put together a very competitive team at Salford given the available financial resources. It would be great to have another British head coach in the league, I guess a lot depends on his current media and Hollywood commitments.

Not keen on another Antipodean coach coming over, although I would make an exception for Wayne Bennett. As for Sheens, he has always struck me as a bit of a whinger, sure he has done OK with the Kangaroos but then I reckon I could too and I've never played the sport! How much coaching does he have to do with the likes of Lockyer, Smith, Slater, Gallen, Inglis and so on and so forth? I would have thought they could do it themselves.

Edited by foozler, 11 March 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#23 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

Won all trophies you can in super league, not many coaches can say that... End of....

On top of which he has coached a British side to a memorable victory over the Green n Golds in their own backyard. I will never tire of watching that match.

#24 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,865 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

There's no reason for Pottsy to get defensive, I thought I'd expressed my hope that Salford do well clearly enough in the past.

The other reason Noble is a good choice is that he's probably the coach with the biggest media profile. 'Former GB coach and five (?) times Super League winner Brian Noble' makes a far better Five Live headline than 'no-name Aussie'. Sheens, as good a coach as he is, knows next-to-nothing about Salford or Super League rugby and would take 12 months to bed in. Can Salford wait that long? Not sure.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#25 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

There's no reason for Pottsy to get defensive, I thought I'd expressed my hope that Salford do well clearly enough in the past.

The other reason Noble is a good choice is that he's probably the coach with the biggest media profile. 'Former GB coach and five (?) times Super League winner Brian Noble' makes a far better Five Live headline than 'no-name Aussie'. Sheens, as good a coach as he is, knows next-to-nothing about Salford or Super League rugby and would take 12 months to bed in. Can Salford wait that long? Not sure.

Great CV and media darling....... Bang on for Salford and the Doc.

#26 R L Winger

R L Winger
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

Great coach he will help Salford. The news I'd like to hear is he has signed with St George Illawarra Dragons in the NRL
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users