Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Driving!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,704 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Just watching the Parramatta versus Warriors game on Premier Sports and Thomas Leuluai attacks the line and when he is about a yard from the line 3 Parramatta players try to stop him getting over the line. Warriors Todd Lowrey runs in and gives Leuluai a push over the line and he gets the ball down.

The ref sends it up to the video ref and the try is disallowed for driving by Lowrey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently, he should only have pushed Leuluai but he also pushed the 3 Warriors over the line as well, Who makes these rules up?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#2 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Where did that daftness come from, what a preposterous rule.

#3 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

its one of many ridiculous rules. its the only sport that changes the rules yearly. the rfl are just a joke.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

Completely and utterly bemused by that Keith , I watched it a few times and it was a try plain n simple !! To many people being kept in jobs trying to keep busy . Please leave the rules alone and stop rearranging paper clips . Very very strange ... ' I think it's a try but , er , I want you to tell me please '....refereeing n video refereeing interpretations do interfere with the games down there a bit .And more than anything , will NRL officials please continue to realise that NRL players can drop the ball , and do quite often , not everything is ripped out or knocked away . Winds me up that ...knock on bad luck , keep hold of it next time . We're seeing a few more ruled that way , it should be the norm . I hate pens for dropping the ball !!

Edited by DavidM, 09 March 2013 - 07:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users