TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Radio

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

Hi folks.
For those not travelling, and I dont want to steal BBC Radio Cumbria's thunder ( not sure whether they are covering the game or not ), but if the dulcet tones of one of the Johns is not available to you, BBC Radio York will have pre-match, full match commentary and post match interviews from 2.45pm at www.bbc.co.uk/rugbyleague - just follow the commentary link..
Be good to have you along, though be aware we are BBC Radio YORK so there may be an occasional home slant on things :D .

#2 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,006 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

With Haven being away at Hunslet tomorrow as well as our game at York, I think the main commentary on Radio Cumbria will probably be the haven game with updates from York, so your company might be the better option for Town fans. As for "home slant" have you ever heard John Cox the haven commentator???

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#3 PLD

PLD
  • Coach
  • 516 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

Think your doing a dis-service to 99.9% of commentators by describing Cox as one of them Keith :-)

Main Whitehaven Cheerleader yes, a commentator no

Rugby League must be a great game to survive the fools at the RFL who run it.

#4 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

cheerleader :blink: ...coxy in a short ra ra skirt ............................................. no ta :o

:lol: :lol:

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#5 PLD

PLD
  • Coach
  • 516 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

cheerleader :blink: ...coxy in a short ra ra skirt ............................................. no ta :o

:lol: :lol:

Thanks for that Morty, gonna have to rip my mind's eye out now :blink:

Rugby League must be a great game to survive the fools at the RFL who run it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users