Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

On the subject of attendence 113 at Gloucestershre All golds VS South Wales Crusaders

What do people think to that?

#22 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

Did they get 400 last week?

Cummins Out.

#23 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,857 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Got to start somewhere. ...
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#24 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,357 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

The game as a whole is in a mess. The Championship is seeing smaller crowds across most games. My club Halifax had just under 1500 today. Yes it was cold and mothers day but still thats a poor crowd. A number of people I know who used to be regular have said they are just fed up with the way things are in the game and the way the Championship is just becoming an A team League in many cases. They just dont go out of the way to go to games as in the past. You look at SL and crowds are still poor at many clubs and they are losing money or beiong propped up ny mony men. But for how long? SL is slowly killing clubs. Bradford, Wakefield and Salford have got lucky. Crusaders not so. I fear London and Cas are both on the brink. But its only a matter of time before Hull KR and Widnes join them as both the money men at the clubs have said they wont keep putting in so much money. SL offers little hope for Fev, Fax or anybody really. Its a utopia where we all dream to be in but the reality is it will hurt our clubs and maybe in 10 years or so we would see Fev or Fax in a situation like Cas. Do we really want that? I see nothing from the RFL or clubs to offer much of a positive future for the game as a whole whether that be at Pro or amateur level.

#25 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

Yes and as far as I can remember we have never had close to 3000 in the second division either. I think we could walk 6000 in SL 3-4000 home support and 2000 away, easy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#26 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

I thought somebody said Feisal had put a fat wedge in. Plus you've got your land, obviously.

Thas got wrong club, owd lad. Comments aimed at the one darn int smoke.

#27 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

Thas got wrong club, owd lad. Comments aimed at the one darn int smoke.

he's having a go at sarcasm bob
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#28 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

The game as a whole is in a mess. The Championship is seeing smaller crowds across most games. My club Halifax had just under 1500 today. Yes it was cold and mothers day but still thats a poor crowd. A number of people I know who used to be regular have said they are just fed up with the way things are in the game and the way the Championship is just becoming an A team League in many cases. They just dont go out of the way to go to games as in the past. You look at SL and crowds are still poor at many clubs and they are losing money or beiong propped up ny mony men. But for how long? SL is slowly killing clubs. Bradford, Wakefield and Salford have got lucky. Crusaders not so. I fear London and Cas are both on the brink. But its only a matter of time before Hull KR and Widnes join them as both the money men at the clubs have said they wont keep putting in so much money. SL offers little hope for Fev, Fax or anybody really. Its a utopia where we all dream to be in but the reality is it will hurt our clubs and maybe in 10 years or so we would see Fev or Fax in a situation like Cas. Do we really want that? I see nothing from the RFL or clubs to offer much of a positive future for the game as a whole whether that be at Pro or amateur level.

Way things are going, we will be reverting back to part time rugby.

#29 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

he's having a go at sarcasm bob

Nuff said OR.

#30 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,090 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

To be fair to Griff. I made the point earlier to him that it was London (see part one of texts). He said someone had
'this club' and he thought they were talking of Fev. Benefit of doubt I rekon.

#31 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

More chance of us getting 6000 than your shower of ###### Griff see who's laughing on Thursday shall we

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#32 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,090 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

We are really back to clubs being run as businesses again. Income needs to be genersted in addition to crowds. That's why I said don't sell our land. Rental income and diversification will bring in income to support the overheads. Level heads and business acumen called for.

#33 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

1837 isn't that the year queen victoria came to the throne.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#34 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,357 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

Way things are going, we will be reverting back to part time rugby.

Theres probably only Leeds and a couple at most that can afford to be Fulltime properly without the need of a Money man putting massive amounts of money in. When Ken Davy goes for example watch Huddersfield sink like a stone. 7000 crowds of which many are on cheap tickets. Where would St.Helens be with out Eamaon Mcmanus? Realistically we are a regional sport that cant afford in the main to run a proper full time comp. Look at the state of SL. Has it progressed that much in 15 years or so? For me its gone backwards with the loss of proper reserve teams now and quality players. It offers nothing but debt and problems for most clubs. The way the game is run both by clubs and the RFL I seriously cant see a bright future for the pro game. The amateur game is also in a mess with summer and winter comps and players playing in both,

#35 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

More chance of us getting 6000 than your shower of ###### Griff see who's laughing on Thursday shall we

I never said we were well supported. I don't live in a dream world.

It's been said earlier that Fev have never, ever averaged 6000. What makes you think they will now ?

#36 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

I never said we were well supported. I don't live in a dream world.

It's been said earlier that Fev have never, ever averaged 6000. What makes you think they will now ?

P.M.A.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#37 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,344 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

P.M.A.

Posted Image

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#38 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Go away griff go talk to yourself on the Sheffield forum

Edit use of asterics for swearing not allowed

Edited by Maureen T-k, 13 March 2013 - 02:25 PM.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#39 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,857 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

go away griff go talk to yourself on the Sheffield forum

He's like sand in your trunks! :lol: :lol:

Edited by Maureen T-k, 13 March 2013 - 02:26 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#40 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Go away griff go talk to yourself on the Sheffield forum

Hey - don't get on at me for stating the obvious!

It's not like your Fev-supporting mates haven't said exactly the same thing.

Edited by Maureen T-k, 13 March 2013 - 02:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users