Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Andy Ballard

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

rumours have it hes left Swinton...unhappy with being used on the wing ????

have we still got his phone number ?

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#2 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

rumours have it hes left Swinton...unhappy with being used on the wing ????

have we still got his phone number ?

Lee

You'll get him on Twitter.

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#3 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Can we afford him? I would imagine he will be snapped up and I like Haney at full back but we do miss Andy's attacking play and pace.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#4 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

sorry Mike but Andy is a better fullback IMHO :rolleyes: . Not saying Haney isnt a decent solid player and always gives 100%

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#5 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

didnt play yesterday. give him a bell holty.

#6 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

sorry Mike but Andy is a better fullback IMHO :rolleyes: . Not saying Haney isnt a decent solid player and always gives 100%

I agree. I didn't say Haney was better, however he is a good replacement who can do the job. Ballard comes at a cost as does any player of his level. If it was as easy as just signing players no matter what the cost then yes.
Barrow have a budget to work to and I feel if we are to bring anyone in I would like to see a forward. I'm sure Holty balances his team with skills and cost and as far as the fullback position is concerned I'm happy with Haney..

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#7 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

Not been in the side for quite a few weeks. Sorry to see him go but Richie Hawkyards form at the moment would have kept him out of the full back position.
Good luck Andy

#8 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

He left Barrow due to travel issues.

Posted Image

#9 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

get him in the centres, not alot of other options

#10 barrowbob

barrowbob
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Sign him!

#11 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

He left Barrow due to travel issues !!!

Posted Image

#12 LocalRugby

LocalRugby
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

get him in the centres, not alot of other options

Ballard would be a great player to have in the centre for us ! if he could put his travelling issus behind him then he would definetly be a boost to the team !

on the travelling, isnt there a few out of towners in the current team who live down his way... ??

#13 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

We wouldn't be able to afford him...

#14 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

according to barrow raider skid, with a team full of locals, our salary will be low, we only have a few out of towners so should easily be able to accomodate a player of ballards stature!

#15 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

Take it from me he would not come here on pay as you play..

#16 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

Having said that; if Holty pulls a rabbit out the hat I would not be upset to be proven wrong but my experience says he would want a contract that we couldn't really afford.

#17 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

according to barrow raider skid, with a team full of locals, our salary will be low, we only have a few out of towners so should easily be able to accomodate a player of ballards stature!

Local players are cheaper than out of towners, does that mean we could afford the wages Ballard would want? That's a different question entirely.

#18 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

think our squad needs improving now. at least we wouldnt be taking a gabble with already knowing ballys game.
i see andy brachek is out for 6 weeks at fax due to a fractured eye socket.