Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Serious spinal injury - Ryan Glynn - Shaw Cross Sharks

injury

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 6brackendale

6brackendale
  • Players
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

Unfortunately I have to report the serious spinal injury of our star player Ryan Glynn - Ryan was injured during our game at Elland in the NCL. I would like to put on record our thanks to Elland ARLFC and to the superb Ambulance service.

Ryan is currently at Sheffield awaiting surgery on his neck and spine our thoughts are with him and his family at this dreadful time. What I am absolutely sure of is that Ryan will fight this injury.

I am also certain that the Rugby League community will support Ryan. We at Shaw Cross will be raising funds to support Ryan and his family. We intend to start collecting RL memorabilia to raffle and auction. Can I ask any club / player who might be able to help to contact me - Benny Richardson on 07803347721.

Thank you

Benny

#2 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

The very best wishes to Ryan and your fundraising efforts.

Let's hope for a speedy recovery for the lad.

What about a donations page for him on "Justgiving", don't ask me how to set it up though, others on here will no doubt help.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#3 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,577 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

Speedy recovery Ryan. I agree with OF about the "Justgiving" option. It's an easy and readily available way for people to donate. Best of luck with everything.

rldfsignature.jpg

#4 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

Poor lad. Hope there is minimal damage and he has a speedy recovery.
Posted Image

#5 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

Thoughts and prayers with you Ryan and your famliy. Hoping for a speedy recovery xx

I know that Gav Wilson has offered support via twitter, top man, and I have alerted Matt King - 2 men who know exactly what you're going through

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#6 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

The very best wishes to Ryan and your fundraising efforts.

Let's hope for a speedy recovery for the lad.

What about a donations page for him on "Justgiving", don't ask me how to set it up though, others on here will no doubt help.

Speedy recovery Ryan. I agree with OF about the "Justgiving" option. It's an easy and readily available way for people to donate. Best of luck with everything.

Without wanting to take it too off topic, I think to set up a Just Giving page the charity or fundraising place has to be registered with the site, I think it's to stop scammers setting up fake charities.

Back on topic, best wishes to the lad, hope things go well for him and he has a speedy recovery.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#7 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,453 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

All the best Ryan. Am certain League Publications can help promote your events as and when.

#8 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

Big crowd needed next sat 16th March as Shaw Cross Sharks play Stanningley in the NCL

Fund raising game - be good to see shirts there from all over the RL map, to support their efforts to raise funds for him and his family.

Pro players have been approached for memorabilia etc for auctions and the club will be issuing more details soon

I'll be on the bus from Huds, see you there

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#9 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Very best of luck to him. I'll keep my eyes open for any fund raising to help.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#10 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

http://www.shawxshar...ynn-890434.html