Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

York v Town

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#41 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,933 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Barrow in again 28 - 22 kick to come

Now 30 - 22 Sean Casey getting lot of mentions (isn't he a stand-off?) who's ours?

Edited by Keith T, 10 March 2013 - 04:11 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#42 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

Are we still going with 4 forads on the bench by the way ??

#43 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

Well done Barrow ??? We really really don't them starting to win .

my thoughts exactly, its early but if one team gets cast adrift then survival looks a lot more assured, it its open between 4 or 5, then pressure soon starts to mount.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#44 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

Can't beat Barrow at home and think we're the bees knees.
Man for man we're the better team so it can only come down to attitude or coaching

I actually think most teams have a better back division than us and seem to better use them so when we face teams that gain parity with our forwards its an uphill battle
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#45 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

Not sure but if we have it's an accident waiting to happen

#46 White Knight

White Knight
  • Coach
  • 914 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

30.6. Forber
It's good to win at home, but it's better to win away!

#47 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,009 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Are we still going with 4 forads on the bench by the way ??

Yep, bench today was Walne, Acton, Coward & Shackley.

Doesn't give you much scope for changing the game plan really does it ?

#48 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

Other teams seem to have more in attack than us and more creativity .Our guys seem to know how to coach direct muscle but where's the guile in our coaching and game and zip behind the scrum . We batter away then bring more blokes on to batter away and loop it to our backs to batter away . No wonder Calders is fed up.

#49 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,933 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

Now 34 - 6 down

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#50 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

So we are winning the second half 4-6. Shame we didnt turn up for the 1st half.

#51 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,933 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

Other teams seem to have more in attack than us and more creativity .Our guys seem to know how to coach direct muscle but where's the guile in our coaching and game and zip behind the scrum . We batter away then bring more blokes on to batter away and loop it to our backs to batter away . No wonder Calders is fed up.

How many long time Town fans have shouted that we need a half-back that can take the line on and get our backs in to the game?

#52 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

there winning it 8-6
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#53 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,933 posts

Not any more it's now 40 - 6 kick to come

42 - 6 now

Thackray yellow carded and then said something else and got a red card

Edited by Keith T, 10 March 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#54 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Wow

#55 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

NICE ONE THACKS - Best get the order in early for next week - Widnes are going to France

Edited by wonderofwood, 10 March 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#56 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,028 posts

Will be interesting to hear charlos interview

#57 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

sounds like everything york have tried has come off for them,well played york.where as we as a team have had a collective mare,thacks sent off aswell.............torture
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#58 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,009 posts

Thacks sent off for dissent, brainless

#59 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

But not surprising.

#60 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

How can they ever expect to attract new people to home games with away performances like that. It's no good players just turning up when they feel like it regardless of whether there's half backs of an offensive attacking line, to concede 40 points is disgraceful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users