Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

York v Town

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#61 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Thacks sent off for dissent, brainless

And just before that Stack limped off

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#62 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Maybe it's time we raided Widnes, shoved 5 in and did a York n Hunslet . Give our guys a real shake up .

Edited by DavidM, 10 March 2013 - 04:27 PM.

#63 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

well time for a beer :rolleyes: :lol:
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#64 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

Maybe it's time we raided Widnes, shoved 5 in and did a York n Hunslet . Give our guys a real shake up .

I doubt it very much. They would probably give us more of the same as today!!!!!

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#65 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

If Thacks is banned we can play with four props and try and get some balance in the side next week
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#66 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

yeah an attacking half back would have made zero effect today. if you cant defend and if there as dissinterested as reports say then even sam tomkins couldnt have an effect.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#67 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

I know I know , just fed up . When you expect sonething with us , we're great at kicking you in the chollers.

Edited by DavidM, 10 March 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#68 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

Full-time 48 - 6. Make them walk home.

#69 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

need a huge improvement vs batley because its fev after that away and that could be anything.

#70 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

48-6 ... Against York . No waffle now from the coach and no more talking about survival because it gets in to players heads that don't have to try n win every week . Maybe we'll try against Batley , and then Featherstone ... Oh joy .

Edited by DavidM, 10 March 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#71 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

Looks like bar a few the away games will be damage limitation this season.

#72 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Looks like bar a few the away games will be damage limitation this season.

yeah apart from barrow,keighley and haven, bps will be the best we can hope for. as long as we can keep our home form up, batley are more than beatable at derwent park so lets just hope we regroup and come out fighting.

#73 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Puts huge pressure on your home games . It's so easy to be two or three months down the line and stuck in the same position . We've got to have a better mentality because this league will cane you if your even slightly switched off . Putting your eggs in a limited basket is risky . Every week bar the top 4 away should be games to go for , but to often we're way off the pace , and we need to fathom that out . Inconsistency is a trait of ours and it must be attitude to a degree because now n again we show what we can do . Unfortunately it's only now n again .

Edited by DavidM, 10 March 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#74 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

I know its upsetting but they have to but it behind them and put it in this week on the training ground. Going to have a few of them this year its how they respond will be the true measure of how they will cope in this league. How did the new boy do doesnt sound like he got much chance in attack - how was his defence??

#75 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

I think the whole thing is down to mentality.

#76 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

I know its upsetting but they have to but it behind them and put it in this week on the training ground. Going to have a few of them this year its how they respond will be the true measure of how they will cope in this league. How did the new boy do doesnt sound like he got much chance in attack - how was his defence??

I can't remember his name being mentioned during the match!!

#77 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

And attitude

#78 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

Yes two words I mentioned . Quality and coaching are involved to but mentality n attitude count for so much first and foremost . You can't instill those from outside . Players need to take responsibility no doubt .

Edited by DavidM, 10 March 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#79 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

yes agreed and theLets hope we get a reaction from the players next Sunday

#80 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,863 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Not being smug but on the way into the ground a Town fan was boasting that Town had the best pack in the division, they were out played today I was fearing the worst with us having our 2 second row forwards missing and our Props carrying injuries, Calderwood just did not want to know, still think you'll be hard to beat at home but your going to have to improve,