Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

York v Town

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#101 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

i said in an earlier thread that todays result would depend on the hull factor,it certainly looks that way today.lets hope Charlo has given them a rocket at half time.

Only 2 DR player for york . Hadley and Briscoe . Only 18 fit players as well

#102 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

Thanks for listening. guys - pity there wasnt a bit more of the positive for you. Not sure I was actually laughing - it's a big ask to go out there on the field and perform and I understand that. I was absolutely amazed that the side looked so disorganised - the kicking game was abysmal and there were some real schoolboy errors out there. Thought Callum Phillips did ok and Kris Coward pepped it up when he came on but apart from ten minutes around the hour, it was one way traffic . Felt sad for the Worky fans who made the long trip and it was a damn good turnout too.
Stacky played much of the game on the wing through injury and dont be harsh on Calderwood, he lost his centre through injury early doors and , Nicklas,Briscoe and Latus just pulled 'em to bits down that side in the first half. Thacks got a warning after a York try apparently for something he said and the Knights player who heard what he said was amazed that Hewer didnt send him at that point. Some of it must have been frustration as he spilled the ball a number of times..
Chin up, and remember - we felt like that at about 10pm last Friday coming home from Sheffield !!

Edited by andyacko, 10 March 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#103 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

Don't make sweeping judgements on players you don't see week to week , it's not fair or backed up by enough knowledge . We know what these players can and can't do and guys like Calders and Thacks have plenty to offer .

David, not sweeping statements, admittedly only based on what I saw today, however been watching RL for over 30 years like many and I know how to judge the odd player or two. You use the term 'fair', not sure what your travelling fans saw today was fair or the lack of a team at least coming over at the end of the match to thank them for the vocal support all match.
Posted Image

#104 Andy Knight

Andy Knight
  • Coach
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Think it's hard to judge Worky on today's performance as it was truly shocking for the full 80.
I was expecting a tough battle like it always is against your mob but you never turned up at all.
I wouldn't get too worried as I'd expect you to pick up points up there at Derwent Park such a hard place to visit, and I don't think your anyway near as bad as today's efforts suggest, put it down to a bad day at the office and move on,
Good crack with your fans today, never stopped all game even with your side well beaten, Good luck for the season apart from when we visit !!

Edited by Andy Knight, 10 March 2013 - 08:17 PM.

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"
Millican Dalton...1867-1947

#105 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

Thacks will be available for next week as he will be up at Red Hall on Tuesday week

It will be interesting to see what ban he gets against what ban Hock gets

#106 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 835 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

Disgusting day to be a town fan, but we have had our good days and we will make up for this mess bad performance bit if stupidly but let's bounce back next week, we don't turn into a bad team over night! Fair play to York too they played well and the scrum half had then well drilled about the pitch, dissapointed for our new signing but let's make it up and give Batley a run, up the town

#107 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

cheers badger.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#108 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

total lack of respect shown by the players towards thier own fans
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#109 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

any good news ?
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#110 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

any good news ?

theres a limited edition rice krispie square out.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#111 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

Just wait now for Thacks ' ban in time for Haven game . He's due a two gamer . He really does need to start biting the bullet and zip it . When he's frustrated and off his game he loses it with the ref , and you ain't winning that one .Then it hurts you as a team , and because of that he needs to start thinking of his responsibilities as a senior player . It's a poor example .

Edited by DavidM, 10 March 2013 - 08:51 PM.

#112 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

we are to easy to work out,as david m says if the bash em route does not work we tend to flounder,our passing is not as crisp as any team that we have met so far in this league,will i be there next week ,course i will,but we are so badly lacking creativity its painful.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#113 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

Hope hulme is back next week and not on the wing. As bomber says our lack of creativity is painful. If morris isn't fit because of today's injury i'd like hulme in the centres for his foot work and ability to beat the man. Move Connor into the halves and see what he can do.

#114 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Yes we can't do any worse . Stop rearranging deck chairs and lets try something new . Get Connor and Hulme nearer the action .

#115 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Yes we can't do any worse . Stop rearranging deck chairs and lets try something new . Get Connor and Hulme nearer the action .

definitely Dave as we need to do something to get some creativity in the team. We had bad day at the office today but back at DP its all well and good the pack making the yards as i am sure they will next Sunday but there has to be an end product once the hard yards are made. Lets see what Connor can do in the halves. We are ok in the centres as it is.

#116 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 824 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Just spoken to someone that went to the game, said it was the worst hes seen them play, but the thing that has anoyed him most was that the players didnt even go over and clap the fans, doesnt matter if there are 10 or 200 the players should always thank the fans for making the effort, the players can be as peeved of as anyone but it is them that are missing tackles, dropping balls, spitting their dummys out, the away fans spend a lot of money and time on the road to follow there heros I think a little gratitude is a little price to pay :(

#117 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 275 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

I couldn't believe how bad we performed today, I thought we would beat York today how I was wrong, York battered us and we didn't want to know again our half backs let us down forber was terrible and Lupton was to slow getting the ball out. Hope the lads sort it next week
bluewhitearmy

#118 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

Danny Nicklas is a hull player aswell isnt he?
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#119 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Thats right Town4me in my opinion the team should have been the same as last week with the new lad on the bench. Mossop aad Morris where doing ok so why change them. just seems we are all crying out for a stand of and we change the centres.At this time i just dont think we are getting full value from our senior players Dowes @ Lupton @ thackary its time for them to show????

#120 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Lupton was terrible there was one point where he had the chance to kick but gave to Forber to make him look bad we need to bring hulme in next week cause Mossop is not a winger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users