Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

York v Town

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#121 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

Danny Nicklas is a hull player aswell isnt he?

Season long loan - so, yes..

#122 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

Lupton was terrible there was one point where he had the chance to kick but gave to Forber to make him look bad we need to bring hulme in next week cause Mossop is not a winger

couldnt believe it when it said in the haven news and star that Mossop was moving to to the wing to make way for Connor. If KC can kick and play stand off for gods sake try him there! Our centres are ok its lack of creativity in the halves we need to address. If someone had said we are signing an aussie centre i would have thought why?

#123 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

As i have said in my previous post we already had cover at centre with hulme. As every one is crying out for a stand of it is a wee bit strange we sign a lad that we thought was the answer and play him at centre ???

#124 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

its great being a town fan ,the highs and lows ,just amazing.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#125 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

Couldn't believe I was watching the same team today that ran Fax and Sheffield close, It was awful. Their 2 halfbacks ran the game and our much vaunted pack were out muscled and tackled out of it. We have to stop starting with Dowes & Thacks, they were both very poor today, Thacks must be carrying an injury, because he his just a shadow of the wrecking ball he was last last season.
Best player for Town once again was Olstrum, and I can't remember our new guy having the ball in his hands. let's hope for a big improvement next week. Maybe charlo and Oggy can come up with a plan B, because plan A was found wanting today. :( Good turn out by our fans again today, a couple of buses and a few in cars (crowd given as 520 !!!) If they were feeling anything like me it was a long horrible journey home for them.

Keep the Faith

UP THE TOWN :)

#126 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

As i have said in my previous post we already had cover at centre with hulme. As every one is crying out for a stand of it is a wee bit strange we sign a lad that we thought was the answer and play him at centre ???

if we don't play him in the halves next week i would seriously question or coaches.

#127 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

And to drop an in form match fit player for someone who hasnt played in months and have no backs cover on the bench
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#128 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

It may be that the original plan was to move someone else to centre and put him in at half back as the game went on, to be fair to Forber who's sat patiently for the last few weeks, and the injury to Morris prevented that happening. I can't for one minute think we'd have signed him with the intention of playing him at centre, at least I'd hope not as Rooney is still to come back yet.

Edited by GeordieTownie, 10 March 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#129 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

I have also got to give a mention to Callum Phillips today also, the lad was spotted by the York outfit from the get go but carried on throughout to just about the end tackling and taking the ball up from dummy hald from seaton rangers to a big champuonship one outfit spotting ur play to take you out at every oppurtunity says what a player he is In a few months!!

#130 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

Surprised not got a few Widnes players who have had no game time.Pickgersgill,Ben Davies,Grant Gore,and Briscoe have hardly played.Adam Lawton is decent and Declan can play centre.Tom Gilmore is a cracking halfback but been playing u19s and standing out.

Edited by widnesrlfc, 10 March 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#131 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

And to drop an in form match fit player for someone who hasnt played in months and have no backs cover on the bench

ok we'll just carry on creating nothing from the halves then. Lets not try and address the obvious problem. Lets make yards at DP and have no end product gilly

#132 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

ok we'll just carry on creating nothing from the halves then. Lets not try and address the obvious problem. Lets make yards at DP and have no end product gilly

I was referring to dropping Hulme for Connor mate! We have nothing to lose playing Connor at half back but our teams better for having Declan Hulme in it, our coaches seem to view Shackley as someone who can cover the backs

#133 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

I was referring to dropping Hulme for Connor mate! We have nothing to lose playing Connor at half back but our teams better for having Declan Hulme in it, our coaches seem to view Shackley as someone who can cover the backs

i see your point gilly. I agree. Crossed wires there mate. I hope hulme is back this Sunday. Connor in the halves and hulme in the centres will do me.

#134 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

i see your point gilly. I agree. Crossed wires there mate. I hope hulme is back this Sunday. Connor in the halves and hulme in the centres will do me.

I agree, thats what the team needs this sunday theres nothing to lose but wont be surprised to see Coyle back in the team were possibly being abit to loyal to players at the minute

#135 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

your dead right Gillmeister we all thought when Connor was signed on it was to play at half back. If not are we still looking for one??

#136 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

your dead right Gillmeister we all thought when Connor was signed on it was to play at half back. If not are we still looking for one??

Why not try Grant Gore or Tom Gilmore as they have been more talented than Declan Hulme.You are happy with him and there is some good players like Pickgersgill and Shaun Briscoe not getting game time.

#137 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

I agree, thats what the team needs this sunday theres nothing to lose but wont be surprised to see Coyle back in the team were possibly being abit to loyal to players at the minute

I'm not convinced with coyle although he needs more game time. A creative half will make the difference in this league but at the moment i don't think coyle is good enough.

#138 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 629 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

Well that was absolute ######

#139 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

Thacks will be available for next week as he will be up at Red Hall on Tuesday week

It will be interesting to see what ban he gets against what ban Hock gets

He was lucky to ge on the field as long as he was, started to gob off after an earlier York try and the ref let it go, he's a good player if he keeps his mouth shut and gets on with it.

#140 David

David
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

Radio York commentators laughing at us, saying we look 'disorganised and disinterested', says it all really

26-0 now, half time

Dear Derwent I sit in front of Andy Acko the main Radio York RL commentator and I know that he would NEVER laugh at any RL team no matter how badly they played as he has too much respect for the game itself and admiration for every player. You may have heard him laugh but it would not have been at the expense of your team....honest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users