#21 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Middle Beach, Lulworth, DorsetPosted Image
IMG_6716 by Dave Pagett, on Flickr

Almost like he had inside knowledge :angry:
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#22 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,028 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

I couldn't believe my luck with the choice of topic when I realised it coincided with my annual jaunt down south for a winter break.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#23 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,028 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

Exactly. The downside with CS2 is that it won't process raw files my camera, but I can still shoot raw, tweak them in the Nikon software then convert to jpeg to work on in CS2. Plus as you say, the more I work on my photography technique, the less I should need to tweak. Hence I'm planning on dragging myself of bed even earlier than tomorrow to walk back up to Stoodley Pike to get some photos in better light, hopefully!

When I had CS2 it wasn't compatible with my Canon Raw files and I did exactly the same, edit the raw using the canon software supplied, export the image as a Tiff and then editing that in CS2. A bit of a faff but needs must.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#24 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

eh? what are you saying?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#25 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,757 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

eh? what are you saying?

Think he's avin' a larf mate.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#26 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,021 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

I went to Edinburgh and took some photos. This one almost matches the theme.

Posted Image
National Monument by Jon Smalldon, on Flickr
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#27 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,021 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

eh? what are you saying?

Makes a change from suggesting that Padge has sockpuppets who vote for him.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#28 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,121 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

Middle Beach, Lulworth, DorsetPosted Image
IMG_6716 by Dave Pagett, on Flickr

Thats a lovely pic Padge, were holidaying at Durdle Door this summer so hope to get some similar sort of shots

#29 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,028 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

Thats a lovely pic Padge, were holidaying at Durdle Door this summer so hope to get some similar sort of shots

Are you on the Durdle Door site. It looks quite nice and is in a cracking location, we let lucky the day we went, we drove about 30 miles in thick fog and when we got within a mile it broke to brilliant sunshine. Considering the weather generally we were really lucky.

One thing to note is that a landslip has taken the steps out down to the Durdle Door beach, but it looks like they were getting ready to start work putting new ones in, if they haven't then be prepared for a bit of a scramble to get down to the beach.

#30 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

Are you on the Durdle Door site. It looks quite nice and is in a cracking location, we let lucky the day we went, we drove about 30 miles in thick fog and when we got within a mile it broke to brilliant sunshine. Considering the weather generally we were really lucky.

One thing to note is that a landslip has taken the steps out down to the Durdle Door beach, but it looks like they were getting ready to start work putting new ones in, if they haven't then be prepared for a bit of a scramble to get down to the beach.

I find it difficult to believe that your shot was taken within a few days of mine of Churn Milk Joan. It looks like summer on the south coast. :D

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#31 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,028 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

I find it difficult to believe that your shot was taken within a few days of mine of Churn Milk Joan. It looks like summer on the south coast. :D

It may look like summer but it wasn't exactly warm, oh hang on??? :D

#32 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

I know it was cold, I was out in it take the photo. :D

No poem, but another walk (or near run!) to get up for another slightly larger stone in the Calder Valley this evening. Didn't get up there in time to catch the light as I'd wanted, but took a few shots anyway as I needed to catch my breath before walking back down.

Posted Image
Stoodley Pike by 77gazza, on Flickr

Had another go at editing this shot tonight (hence it won't be my entry, just after feedback from my experimenting). How does this look in comparison? I don't think that the Halo effect is some much of an issue, but I can't decide whether I've gone a little ott with the lightening of the monument.

Posted Image
DSC_3428 copy by 77gazza, on Flickr

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#33 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,121 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

Certainaly are mate

were here to be exact

Posted Image

#34 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

Once went camping at Durdle Door with an Army mate and on out first night our basic tent blew out to sea during a nasty gale. :rolleyes:

#35 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,757 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Once went camping at Durdle Door with an Army mate and on out first night our basic tent blew out to sea during a nasty gale. :rolleyes:

Did you keep your receipt? You might have got your money back if you told them it wasn't waterproof.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#36 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

Did you keep your receipt? You might have got your money back if you told them it wasn't waterproof.

But there was no tent as it ended out at sea. Lost property, perhaps! :D

We were left open to a downpour at two o'clock in the morning, suffice to say we packed up and soaking wet in the bargain.

Edited by Saint Billinge, 20 March 2013 - 08:28 PM.

#37 henage

henage
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

looks like some good shore dives to be had ,if your fit and healthy , open sea side on them rocks/reefs and I bet there's some pieces of wreckage still to be seen

#38 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

Here's my effort lost in a total white out driving across the Yorkshire Dales from Aysgarth to Bolton Abbey last week, the only person we saw was a farmer on a quad with a gun strapped to it, my reassurances to my wife we would make it out alive were not that convincing. Posted Image

#39 steef

steef
  • Coach
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Posted Image
"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook....156268557729980

#40 steef

steef
  • Coach
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Posted Image
"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook....156268557729980

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users